Status
Not open for further replies.
We fished today from 730 am until 3 pm. Started at the Cap due to the nastiness that was ripping in the Straits . When I see 3' + rollers under the Lions Gate bridge even I know not to tempt fate . Anyway we set up at the cap on the outside heading east with bait on one side and a pink hoochie on the other . On lap 2 I looked over and one rod was flat, wait that's weird then zing...it was on . 150' deep off the totem pole, right on the bottom . Picked up a beauty low 20's female on the hoochie. We did some more laps but nothing so we figured let's go poke around off point Atkinson. It was beautiful out there, lots of bait but nothing so on the turn mid day we headed back towards the cap with a quick stop off caufield, again nothing. We hit the cap, same rigs and it was a gong show . Boats going all directions, no one cared, we were nearly hit twice but that's the cap . All the while no nets, nothing. We did our final lap at the green light just about to pull out then zinnnggggg it's on again and it's a strong fish. 2 big pulls and I'm running tight tension and it goes again, I'm calling another boat off who was about to run over the lines and then bam, Gd seal has it so that was it. Got the gear too the bugger. Anyway he's hanging around right in the spot off the green can so be aware, this time it was bait in 80' just after the turn . It was an epic day and I'm definitely not putting the boat away quite yet.

I do wish people would exercise a bit more caution in tight quarters but again, that's the cap for you and we had it mostly to ourselves and six others in the morning.

I only saw one other net all day and it looks like a guide Grady early on, perhaps a smaller spring. Perhaps it picked up this evening. Cheers

We fished today from 730 am until 3 pm. Started at the Cap due to the nastiness that was ripping in the Straits . When I see 3' + rollers under the Lions Gate bridge even I know not to tempt fate . Anyway we set up at the cap on the outside heading east with bait on one side and a pink hoochie on the other . On lap 2 I looked over and one rod was flat, wait that's weird then zing...it was on . 150' deep off the totem pole, right on the bottom . Picked up a beauty low 20's female on the hoochie. We did some more laps but nothing so we figured let's go poke around off point Atkinson. It was beautiful out there, lots of bait but nothing so on the turn mid day we headed back towards the cap with a quick stop off caufield, again nothing. We hit the cap, same rigs and it was a gong show . Boats going all directions, no one cared, we were nearly hit twice but that's the cap . All the while no nets, nothing. We did our final lap at the green light just about to pull out then zinnnggggg it's on again and it's a strong fish. 2 big pulls and I'm running tight tension and it goes again, I'm calling another boat off who was about to run over the lines and then bam, Gd seal has it so that was it. Got the gear too the bugger. Anyway he's hanging around right in the spot off the green can so be aware, this time it was bait in 80' just after the turn . It was an epic day and I'm definitely not putting the boat away quite yet.

I do wish people would exercise a bit more caution in tight quarters but again, that's the cap for you and we had it mostly to ourselves and six others in the morning.

I only saw one other net all day and it looks like a guide Grady early on, perhaps a smaller spring. Perhaps it picked up this evening. Cheers

Seriously considering selling 'ol fashion sling shots from the boat.....pretty sure we're clean house at the cap

I didn't end up going. Baby no sleepy.
The wife was insisting I should go and for the first time ever I chose not to go. I get it now lol.

Saturday is perhaps my last day of the season fishing the salt. If you had the choice, where would you fish, mouth of the Cap or SA? Thanks in advance.

Saturday is perhaps my last day of the season fishing the salt. If you had the choice, where would you fish, mouth of the Cap or SA? Thanks in advance.
Cap, although there will be a lot of yahoo's out at the cap...

Why not split the difference if you have the entire day and seas? I think Saturday's forecast looks like an amazing early fall day for fishing. I would rip out early to the cap at first light for the first flood then I'd head to the north arm / t10 until 230, there's a second flood around 330 to wrap up the day playing bumper boats. Have a great time!

Why not split the difference if you have the entire day and seas? I think Saturday's forecast looks like an amazing early fall day for fishing. I would rip out early to the cap at first light for the first flood then I'd head to the north arm / t10 until 230, there's a second flood around 330 to wrap up the day playing bumper boats. Have a great time!
Yeah, this is a better bet I agree

Would the low tide at 3:30 be considered a flood?
Umm....you really need to learn the tides (no I'm no expert)- check here for tides....pretty obvious which is a flood and which is an ebb....the flood will begin ~4, slack @ 3:18

Umm....you really need to learn the tides (no I'm no expert)- check here for tides....pretty obvious which is a flood and which is an ebb....the flood will begin ~4, slack @ 3:18
Um, yes I am aware of the tides facts and figures. I wanted to bring it to the attention of the post that I replied to without being a dick about it. Assuming it was meant the start of the flood at 3:30. Personally I would steer clear of fishing the cap at low tide.

Um, yes I am aware of the tides facts and figures. I wanted to bring it to the attention of the post that I replied to without being a dick about it. Assuming it was meant the start of the flood at 3:30. Personally I would steer clear of fishing the cap at low tide.
Sorry, misunderstood.

Made the move to Pink Apartments. What a difference 5 miles makes. Like glass here and no wind. Marking some fish.

Thank you all for your great suggestions. I will fish the Cap on the flood and then fish T10 at low tide. Also, like to thanks everyone for your amazing advice and contribution. I will try to do my part more moving forward. It certainly has been an amazing season and looking forward to the next one. We live in an amazing province and should cherish every moment of it. Cheers, Capman

Last edited:
Well said, Capman! Let us know how it goes, I think you're going to find some fish out there for sure. I'm working an angle for Saturday myself so we'll see how it goes, otherwise I will be out for sure next week. Cheers!

Well said, Capman! Let us know how it goes, I think you're going to find some fish out there for sure. I'm working an angle for Saturday myself so we'll see how it goes, otherwise I will be out for sure next week. Cheers!
Saturday as well for me. I'm big so I don't worry about the crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back