Status
Not open for further replies.
It was great while it lasted - a long season for socs...over Thursday at midnight

I'll be hitting that perfect high tide at the cap tomorrow morning. See whoever's there at first light. Gunna drag my balls through the mud for a few hours.

Damn I just booked Friday off for one last go . Guess I’ll have to troll around looking for Mr. Big , if there is any out there still.
Do you think there are still some springs out front, QA QB T10 area or do I have to go to the cap, any opinions appreciated

Damn I just booked Friday off for one last go . Guess I’ll have to troll around looking for Mr. Big , if there is any out there still.
Do you think there are still some springs out front, QA QB T10 area or do I have to go to the cap, any opinions appreciated
QA/north arm has produced for me into October for springs

Hit the cap first light this morning, nada hitting for us so we pulled up hit the NA and had descent action on socks for about an hour, several on but only one made it in the boat. Hit the cap again at ~3pm and had no action again, thinking it hasn't completely turned on at the cap yet.

I chatted with someone today who was at the highway pools on the cap last night. He said it is teeming with aggressive springs right now, and coho too, so clearly some fish have made it. I will be out at first(ish) light and I think I'm going to rip out towards the na / t10 until around noon then bomb back to the cap for the big flood tide.

Wave if you're out there, best of luck to everyone!

Fished from 9-1500 today in 300 ft of water straight out from the SA light station , tacking all four directions. Had only 4 hits which we brought in a nice Coho hatch and a average size Sock. From 90-120 ft on the downrigger. Tried high and lower but no luck. Use the MP15 mini pinks .The currents were wild all over and tough to keep the wire off the leg of the kicker. Think its time to switch over to Anchovies and Chinook hunting next week.

We fished sandheads today from 9-3. Mostly out in 400ft +. Seemed like the socks were pretty spread out and didn't mark any big schools till noonish. Finished the day with 6 and lost a couple too. Most of the action was 80-85 ft.

Hit the cap first light this morning, nada hitting for us so we pulled up hit the NA and had descent action on socks for about an hour, several on but only one made it in the boat. Hit the cap again at ~3pm and had no action again, thinking it hasn't completely turned on at the cap yet.
A lot of fish were caught at the Cap during the NV firefighters derby (104 fish at the weigh in and I would say most caught near the cap). Lots of fish have made it up to the hatchery already with the rain. With less rain in the forecast hopefully more fish will come and wait a bit before moving up the river.

Well its over , I'll turn out the lights ...CLICK !
Oh crap we have until tomorrow night .............CLICK.......Get out there lol

Retention of sockeye in marine recreational fisheries in Area 29 will be
closing effective 23:59 hours September 27. Please refer to the fisheries
notice detailing the specifics of this closure to retention.

Based on the current wind advisory, I'd say sockeye season is over today :mad:. Time to spit shine the teaser heads...

Tried getting out there today. Nasty, nasty. First time coming out the south arm from Ladner. Just thought it might be the tide. Boy was i wrong. Turned around and came back in. Saw a couple of boats heading out. I would imagine they turned around in time as well. Not even the commies were out.

Tried getting out there today. Nasty, nasty. First time coming out the south arm from Ladner. Just thought it might be the tide. Boy was i wrong. Turned around and came back in. Saw a couple of boats heading out. I would imagine they turned around in time as well. Not even the commies were out.
I been going out the SA for over 8 years it always roars up in two or three areas, sometimes you have to get right out to the mouth to find its calm, not to say it's calm when you headed out but in general you can't expect a comfy ride out the SA as a norm

Based on the current wind advisory, I'd say sockeye season is over today :mad:. Time to spit shine the teaser heads...
Yup was out yesterday at this time with winds a bit lighter than right now and IT WAS NASTY NASTY and with these full moons, sad to say I'm going to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back