Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a huge ship , looks too top heavy to me
Filled the tanks and put stabilizer in and went for one last boat ride for the year , awesome day Friday think I got a tan. Did a 12 hr shift and hit 2 flood tides at the cap , only saw a few being caught had my chance at 10lber late In The day Around 4.by the green marker
Looked at my net and was too lazy to get it so figured I would tail it for fun, had him twice but he squirmed out of my grasp ——- operator error , big ones have more to grab ahold of
Oh well it was fun anyway , have enough fish in the freezer
Was a gorgeous day out there got my boating fix in , will wrap up the boat and pick away at projects over the winter

Put in a day yesterday at mouth of cap, with grandson and awesome fishing buddies Al & Chris. Tried bottom of channel like everyone else for first 3/4 of day - all combinations of gear and speed and no luck - skimming bottom like we are supposed to, 2 nibbles - nothing stuck, and saw no nets out. Near end of day tried shallower water - circling into the bay west of the mouth, 84 feet of water following that depth, chartreuse flasher, coyote 3.5 Irish cream, trolling in direction of outflow current - dead slow on motor ( normally does less than one mph) but 2.4 mph on gps moving with the current, and picked up a nice 25 pound spring - 55 feet on the down-rigger counter. Then picked up prawn traps and an OK day turned great, they were nice and full. Good luck mates!P1000579_resized.JPG

Fished the Cap along another 100 or so boats all day yesterday. Perhaps more fish were caught but I only saw 2, one by a guide boat earlier in the day and the other by Willow-Bee later in the day. Fairly quite fishing wise. At the low tide, tried the BB and NA but nada so back to the Cap. A beautiful day with calm water though. Enjoyed the scenery and smoked one my best cigar while my brother was taking snooze. Another great season on the salt has come to an end for me and now time to concentrate on the river. Good luck to you all!

Caught this boat pulling our trap west of Cates on Thursday with no other traps in sight, when we rolled up the guy threw our gear overboard and gunned it but couldn't outrun us. Realizing this he slowed down but all he could say for himself was "sorry no english". We've lost three traps in the Cates area recently, DFO was notified but keep an eye out for this boat.

Attachments

• BC4522476.jpg
    BC4522476.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 428
The phrase “ sorry no English” although a legit excuse for some not speaking the language but i’m amazed how many fakes, thieves and con artist are using it as an excuse to get away.

Zippo at the Cap and bell buoy yesterday.

Where are good spots for fall fishing? I assume it’s resident springs on the bottom?

Great question, cohojohnny...I'm going to push off on Wednesday and I'm thinking there won't be much of anything left at the Cap for returning fish but I will give it an hour or so. These big rains will likely send whatever fish are hanging around into the rivers. My plan after that is to head over to Roger Curtis and into Tunstall Bay for a look around. I'm wondering how the Sand heads have been over the weekend, anyone make it out there? Cheers

On Oct 7 last year, i caught a 23 lber white chinook off the Sandheads. Same day we caught clipped coho and chums in 2-digit numbers so there may still be some late runners. You may also be able to find some fresh coho at tbe Cap after this rain. Those monster tides the next few days may bring some fresh fish but overall, I agree with ab1752. This heavy rain has sent the bulk of the stckers up river and this is just going to get slower after this. With the Fraser being closed to salmon fishing, expect the smaller systems to get super busy for the long weekend.

Last edited:
Great question, cohojohnny...I'm going to push off on Wednesday and I'm thinking there won't be much of anything left at the Cap for returning fish but I will give it an hour or so. These big rains will likely send whatever fish are hanging around into the rivers. My plan after that is to head over to Roger Curtis and into Tunstall Bay for a look around. I'm wondering how the Sand heads have been over the weekend, anyone make it out there? Cheers

Some coho action Saturday, also had some pig sockeye hammer our herring, carefully released of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back