Status
Not open for further replies.

This is with a go fish cam I had on the downrigger... I need to make some more mods because it was attached too closely to the wire so it was going up and down with the waves too much. I'll try with a longer line next time and see if I can get some better footage.
Nice, I am having the same problem with mine.

Anybody out? Conditions ok off Sandheads/N Arm? SailFlow says it’s blowing 35 in parts of the Straight but less off N Arm.

Nice, I am having the same problem with mine.
mine was spinning around with the flasher, tried a few mods. but nothing worked.
I did get the sockeye smashing into the flasher and biting the line right behind the flasher before hitting the hootchie. wish the camera wasn't spinning.

Got 1 sock by bell and 1 chinook by QA. Water is pretty calm but foggy and really windy. Seems like we are the only boat here. Tough to get the boat and lines coordinated with the current and wind

Was out for a quick one this am. Idled out the of North arm in the dark, lines in at first light. Had a screamer right away off the jetty that disappeared after it’s first run. Released a small legal right after that and a nice wild coho right after that. Lines in the boat at 8:30 at work by 9:15

All hits on a chartreuse double glow with a eye of tiger chovie teaser at 35’

This is with a go fish cam I had on the downrigger... I need to make some more mods because it was attached too closely to the wire so it was going up and down with the waves too much. I'll try with a longer line next time and see if I can get some better footage.
Reminds me of the good old Charlie white fishing machine program . Well done

Out this a.m. from about 08:30-11:30. Fishing NA between jetty and NA entrance. Started in 400' and got nada. Combo of wind, waves and strong outgoing current made for difficult fishing. Moved in closer around 09:30 to about 200' and got into a couple pretty quick. Lost one, kept one...finally found that trolling sweet spot for the conditions, just took a while to find it! Got 2 more over the next hour or two. Went 3/4 overall.
Pink glow head squirts + green flasher was the ticket for me today :)

new guy here. I've so far been unsuccessful in bagging a sockeye in 5 trips out of north arm . I'm using multiple flashers, dummy flashers, small pink hoochies with blue heads, white heads, pint heads, you name it , I've tried it. Tried in 500 ft of water down deep around 80-120 ft, tried shallow around 30-50 ft . Still haven't been able to catch one.

I keep reading about you guys getting limits in a couple hours. I even was out last week with 4 guys on the boat, and we couldn't catch anything.

only luck I've had is when I give up on sockeye, I switch to anchovies and caught a few springs and coho.

and plenty of dogfish. I've tried long leaders, short leaders, still not even getting bites. What am I doing wrong?

new guy here. I've so far been unsuccessful in bagging a sockeye in 5 trips out of north arm . I'm using multiple flashers, dummy flashers, small pink hoochies with blue heads, white heads, pint heads, you name it , I've tried it. Tried in 500 ft of water down deep around 80-120 ft, tried shallow around 30-50 ft . Still haven't been able to catch one.

I keep reading about you guys getting limits in a couple hours. I even was out last week with 4 guys on the boat, and we couldn't catch anything.

only luck I've had is when I give up on sockeye, I switch to anchovies and caught a few springs and coho.

and plenty of dogfish. I've tried long leaders, short leaders, still not even getting bites. What am I doing wrong?

Slow troll?

35 degrees on the rigger cable seems fast to me for sockeye but near enough. What times are you going out at? Best bite for sockeye is first light, at least on my boat, CBCP or I get shut down. Oh and a sip of lager to the fish gods both port and starboard if all else fails too .

sorry pardon my ignorance i could litterly ditto what Burgerchow just said...0% luck....so rigger cable at 35 ? like 35 degrees off vertical ?
Some say speed and some say rigger angle. Rigger angle works
But dogs mean you're definitely going too slow, trust me I'm the dog fish king. We've had some big tides so that will play havoc with your gear.
Yeah, I've been out early but the bite hasn't turned on for me until later morning (9:30ish). I was likely in the wrong location anyway but who knows.

Kinda in the same boat as well... but I have had a bit of success. I know guys are doing well at NA but the couple times I’ve been there I’ve been skunked. Much better luck at Sand Heads. Also seem to get hits on the turns.

When you say you haven’t bagged any... are you losing them? Big problem I had was setting the hook like I would for a spring. Ripped it right out of their soft mouths. (1/8 first day). Better success after when not setting the hook so hard.

U using wire or braid in the downriggers? Have u checked the electrolysis around your boat ?
Have u located any schools when out?
Are u using black hooks on your set ups?
What size hooks u using

Some say speed and some say rigger angle. Rigger angle works

Yeah, I've been out early but the bite hasn't turned on for me until later morning (9:30ish). I was likely in the wrong location anyway but who knows.
I don't like getting up early and catch all of my fish between 10-1600, but that sure doesn't mean anything. Just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back