Status
Not open for further replies.
Any springs?
I know there is at least one and he is still out there somewhere between Iona and North Arm. Went out for a solo fish this morning and quickly caught 3 sockeye and pulled up the sockeye gear and dropped the anchovies. Got hammered very quickly by a big fish that nearly spooled me on its first run and that then proceed to play with me for about 10 minutes before spitting the hook ... The better party won. Tried unsuccessfully for another hour after that before dropping the sockeye gear back down and immediately picking up a fourth sockeye.

Last edited:
Fishing sandheads had flury of action around 8:30 then dead till the Bite came on again around 12:30.. my last day for sockeye. Looking forward to the river in a couple weeks.

Quads between two guys with all landed are funny.
Saw this a couple of weeks ago off the NA with 2 older guys in a ~12' tin can (in not perfect conditions). Hilarious and respectful all at the same time....

I know there is at least one and he is still out there somewhere between Iona and North Arm. Went out for a solo fish this morning and quickly caught 3 sockeye and pulled up the sockeye gear and dropped the anchovies. Got hammered very quickly by a big fish that nearly spooled me on its first run and that then proceed to play with me for about 10 minutes before spitting the hook ... The better party won. Tried unsuccessfully for another hour after that before dropping the sockeye gear back down and immediately picking up a fourth sockeye.

How deep was your rigger when you got that hog?

Big search and rescue op in the north arm by Mcdonald. Heli, Hovercraft and 5 support boats

Last edited:
Watch for a Submerged fu..ing crab trap north west of bell with a milk jug Float. Our DR ball got tangled to it. Managed to take everything out but it was a PITA..:mad:
It was mid tide and the thing was a couple ft below the surface already. No phone number what so ever....

As for the reports; started between QA and NA around 11:20 and picked up 1 sockeye in 420’ of water 75’ on the DR. Rip tide, southerly blow and the river current were pushing us to 3m/hr at the slowest. Crazy angles on the DR balls. Around 1:30 decided to move to bell. Rigged the chovies and caught a nice clipped coho when sending gears down. Also hooked an undersized Chinook south west of the bell on bait 45’ on the rigger.

Last edited:
Watch for a Submerged fu..ing crab trap north west of bell with a milk jug Float. Our DR ball got tangled with it. Managed to take everything out but what a bunch of fu..ing idiot...:mad:
It was mid tode and the thing was a couple ft below the surface already. No phone number what so ever....

Its been there for a week. Barely visible in the current. Almost nailed it two days in a row this week. Maybe time to "release" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back