Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Fish Doc 50 lb seems thick. But will do 30 moving forward. Just took much frustration when you finally get a hit and have the line break. On ward and forward
I go 40lb ultra green no swivel, tide right to the flasher for that tight whip, the swivel i found lessoned the whip
one leader @22" the other side 26"

Go 40lb trust me you want that stiffness

EC reporting 12kn nnw with an ebb tide....doesn't sound fun out there today....

I’m at qa . 4 feet bit of a breeze. Not best conditions but it’s supposed to drop. Gotta run the main and kicker on to stay on course. Winds have dropped 5 mphover last hour.

I run 40# mainline, 50# backing and use either Seaguar 40# fluoro (for bait, squirts and spoons) or 80# big game for hoochies.
The only time anything breaks is when somebody is white knuckling the reel (despite being told to hold it with a weak grip).
Of course you need to inspect your leader after each spring, but 40# fluoro can handle small nicks.
the line might look thick, and you might need to spend a little extra time learning to get your knots right with the heavy stuff, but I think we all agree that it's a small price to pay to avoid having salmon swimming around with gear hanging out of their mouth.

At Captains cove marina, waiting for the winds to die down; will give it another 30 mins and we will see...going out solo today...

Looks tempting so nice out live shot, evening supposed to lay down, fish till sun down the late
evening chinook bite.
pic.aspx

Still a good 1m swell at sandheads but chop on top is down a bit. Not great conditions and just the random single sox for us here today. Hopefully wind drops as predicted over the next bit.

Decided to try, lines down, targeting chinook....small white caps, 2’ rollers spaced tight...

Still a good 1m swell at sandheads but chop on top is down a bit. Not great conditions and just the random single sox for us here today. Hopefully wind drops as predicted over the next bit.
Slight improvement.... and 4 in the box.

Westerly at 10 knots, 2-5’ swell.
Decided to try, lines down, targeting chinook....small white caps, 2’ rollers spaced tight...
Anyone at the NA? Got some bait I need to use...
You guys are champs. This forum, despite the bit of drama, seems to be getting better and better. Hope I can fish again this season.

What's with all the references to the "last trip of the season" etc? Has Sockeye been given a closing date on the salt -Sep 30?...or are we assuming that it's gonna happen sooner as the river is closed in the next day or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back