Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s been some rumor that the DFO will put Sep 7 as the sockeye closing date in their tomorrow’s notice but again this speculation at best. That aside, I personally wouldn’t mind a break from sockeye as the freezer is full and I badly miss the chinook fight with a few of those monster whities....
more exciting part of the season is yet to begin. Looking forward to the Cap mouth s..t show in a few weeks :D

Last edited:
FM, where did u get those numbers for sport caught in the river? Sox have been almost non existent for over week now in the river!
. Those numbers seem to be very very false, especially when more than 75% of the people have been go in home skunked for more than a week now! Clearly you or DFO have no clue what you are talking about!
Just PM me and keep this thread about the chuck.

Last edited:
LOL, I know you can make anything delicious, would even try bullheads and dogfish if you cooked them up
Definitely NOT bullheads. Brought a huge one home for "show & tell" many years ago. About the ugliest fish I ever caught. (Deep water jigging in Johnstone Strait) My fishing buddy's wife insisted on "not wasting good food"... Bad mistake. It tasted awful. Like the mud you might dig up near a sewage outfall.
Now dogfish, not so bad. It's not like any fish I ever tried before but I enjoyed it. Have to skin the fish immediately & soak in water to remove a slight ammonia taste. Bonus is no nasty bones!
Maybe we could get a fishery going for them & reduce the population some.
Sorry about the hijack, but I couldn't let that one stand ;-)

Got a spring hour after low slack this evening. Just south of the north arm jetty 37’ salty dawg/eye of tiger 6” chovie. Saw lots of sock schools but wasn’t targeting them

Went 5 for 10 at sand heads, between 11am and 2pm. All we're at 110ft to 130ft, on a variety of green flashers and pink hoochies.

We also caught these gentlemen "accidentally" pulling out crab trap and purposely taking all the crabs. Caught them in the act, they said it was a "mistake". Gave them the what for and the they were so nice to give our crabs back.View attachment 40014
Is there a place you can report this "accidentally" pulling? it's like sorry, I mistakenly broke in your car and I lost my key. Last year I saw a guy fishing in RCA in Indian Arm, I approached him and told him what you cannot do in RCA but he didn't care, I reported DFO with photos but they never responded me, a bit of disapointing.

Is there a place you can report this "accidentally" pulling? it's like sorry, I mistakenly broke in your car and I lost my key. Last year I saw a guy fishing in RCA in Indian Arm, I approached him and told him what you cannot do in RCA but he didn't care, I reported DFO with photos but they never responded me, a bit of disapointing.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/ORR-ONS-eng.html

I called and made a report. He said because we got the crabs and trap back that not much could be done.

I was wondering what exactly a Lamprey is so I googled it. For those of you who don’t know, it looks like it should be in the tv show stranger things.093FAE13-CC92-44D3-BFDE-157205E8275B.png

Waited for the winds to die down a bit before I headed out to SA. Fished from 4 to 7pm. The winds subsided from 13 knots to 8 knots and the 2 ft chop was gradually more spread out so fishing conditions were not too bad. Trolled in 400+ft of water. Went 3 for 3 today. Saw some thin schools but they didn't seem to bite.

anyone on the water ? all reports show strong winds 14-19 at sandhead , yet not a bit of wind in Richmond ???

Hi Gord, good luck today. I've got 2 days off from Nootka so I'm back in Nanaimo so of course I'm going to come over for a Sockeye trip tomorrow morning.

Hope to hear some good reports today so I can make my plan for tomorrow.

I go back to Nootka Thursday for the last few days of fishing then it's all over.

Mike

That sounds like laziness to me. It's like calling the police and saying I caught the guys breaking into my car and I got a picture of them and their license plate. Oh, but I got my stuff back. Sorry, not much we can do for you then.
Roger that...... therefore lies the problems with society today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back