2015 Alpine Group Juan De Fuca Fishing Tournament

Thank you Jerrod for the awesome job with the CAD drawing that got the whole project going. I will send you a high res photo once they are 100% finished. Rollie

Just got a great email today. The Fraser River 4-2 and 5-2 abundance has been adjusted to 45000 to 85,000 Chinook and we will be in zone 2!!!!! This means 1 wild with no upper slot size beginning I'm thinking this weekend or next. Get your derby tickets now, this weekend will be the last weekend of ticket sales and this Tuesday night at the Tally Ho from 6-9pm is the last chance to register, get in on the jackpots and get your tickets all in one go.

Alright, alright, you've twisted my rubber arm! I was holding out as I wasn't even sure the boat would be running, but last weekend it seemed to be A-Okay. I'm also pretty new to the derby scene, and up against the top fishers of the area, I don't figure I stand a chance, but I suppose anyone could get lucky. The format, with draw prizes, makes that even more likely, and does appeal to rookies like me. The top prizes are great, but I was just looking at the list of sponsors and all of the possible draw prizes (found them on the Sponsors page), that's what impressed me. Great job to the organizers, see you at the Tally-Ho on Tuesday!

This is great news for those in the derby, now we have a much better chance of getting into and keeping some bigger fish. I hear there are a few tickets left so if anyone was waiting for this reg. change to happen, now is the time to get a ticket and even more so now that I heard (unfortunately) that the popular Bite Me derby is most likely cancelled this year.

Yes there are still tickets available at all the vendors: Wise Buys - Island Outfitters & Alpine Marine. Cash only at the retail vendors. If you want to use a credit card then buying them online at www.anglerscoalition.com is where you can do that. There is some big money in the Team Jackpots and in the Accumulator Jackpot. More will be added to these jackpots on Tuesday night when we expect a final big crowd of people to register. More prizes have been secured in recent days as more businesses want to become involved. Andrew from Sitka dropped off a 50 pack of his new lures this morning and they will be added to the tackle bags I've already assembled. I also picked up the 2015 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust from SG Power Products today. We would also like to welcome Harris Victoria Chrysler to our sponsor list. Trotac also stepped up with a second donation in recent days, a 200 quart Coleman Extreme Marine Cooler with a retail value of $450.00. Its a good thing my boat chores are done and the boat is now in the water for the season. There is no room in my garage or basement for me to work from right now and is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Sunday when I get this space back again!! I'm also looking forward to be relatively stress free as well :)

So with the 1 over 1 under reg will the derby allow guys fishing west of sherringham to weigh in two overs? Or will everyone just be allowed 1 over 1 under?

Too funny because I just emailed Chris this morning about this very issue. There will be a rule added shortly that all participants regardless of where they fish within derby boundaries will only be able to enter 1 over and 1 under. This makes it a level playing field for everyone no matter where they decide to drop their gear.

Final Skipper’s Night forJuan de Fuca Derby Registration! – June 16 – Tickets Still Available<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The fishing has been great,the big Chinook are here and the weather’s been amazing - so what better thingto do than go fishing this weekend and have a chance to win $20,000 in cashtoo! We’re thrilled to announce DFO has removed the hated Chinook slot sizelimit too. So if you haven’t got your ticket for the 2015 Alpine GroupJuan de Fuca Fishing Tournament, now’s the time! Get into the biggest derby onSouth Vancouver Island this year! $90,000 in prizes to be won, great prizes forthe top 10 biggest salmon and dozens more draw prizes whether you caught a fishor not. Full details at www.anglerscoalition.com or pick up your ticket from Alpine Marine, Island Outfitters or Wise-BuysFishing Supplies.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Derby Skippers - Come by theTally-Ho Sport Bar at 3020 Douglas Street between 6 and 9pm on Tuesday, June 16to our last Skipper’s Meeting. Pick up your tickets, hat, shirt, rulesbook, Team Jackpot and Accumulator tickets etc. all at one time. There arestill tickets left so don’t delay. For more details on the derby and theprize pages please go to http://anglerscoalition.com Good luck and hope to see you all out there.<o:p></o:p>

Final Night Juan de Fuca Derby Registration! June 16 Tix Still Available!

Final Skipper’s Night for Juan de Fuca Derby Registration! – June 16 – Tickets Still Available

The fishing has been great, the big Chinook are here and the weather’s been amazing - so what better thing to do than go fishing this weekend and have a chance to win $20,000 in cash too! We’re thrilled to announce DFO has removed the hated Chinook slot sizelimit too. So if you haven’t got your ticket for the 2015 Alpine Group Juan de Fuca Fishing Tournament, now’s the time! Get into the biggest derby on South Vancouver Island this year! $90,000 in prizes to be won, great prizes for the top 10 biggest salmon and dozens more draw prizes whether you caught a fish or not. Full details at www.anglerscoalition.com or pick up your ticket from Alpine Marine, Island Outfitters or Wise-BuysFishing Supplies.

Derby Skippers - Come by the Tally-Ho Sport Bar at 3020 Douglas Street between 6 and 9pm on Tuesday, June 16to our last Skipper’s Meeting. Pick up your tickets, hat, shirt, rulesbook, Team Jackpot and Accumulator tickets etc. all at one time. There are still tickets left so don’t delay. For more details on the derby and the prize pages please go to http://anglerscoalition.com Good luck and hope to see you all out there!

Too funny because I just emailed Chris this morning about this very issue. There will be a rule added shortly that all participants regardless of where they fish within derby boundaries will only be able to enter 1 over and 1 under. This makes it a level playing field for everyone no matter where they decide to drop their gear.

Hey Rollie, looking forward to this weekend. First off, thank you for all that you and Chris have done!
Just wondering if this rule has been posted up somewhere? I agree with the rule, I just don't see it on SVIAC's website... or am I blind?

I have already written and passed it on the Chris who does the website changes. I'll ask him later today if he has posted it

Only today and tomorrow to get your derby tickets. They are available at our retailers (Wise Buys, Island Outfitters and Alpine Marine) up until they close for business on Friday June 19th. Online purchases at www.anglerscoalition.com will remain available up until 9pm on Friday June 19th. Just a reminder that there will once again be a Banana Challenge for those who dare to bring a Banana on board while they fish the derby. By 7pm on Friday June 19th there will be a post on the SVIAC website with details on what you have to do in a photograph with your fish to qualify. This years Banana Challenge prize is a Coleman Extreme 6 Marine 200 Quart Cooler worth $450.00 donated by Trotac Marine. At 7pm the exact weight for the accumulator jackpot which is now at $5,500.00 will be announced. We are bringing back something from the previous Juan DE Fuca Derby and it didn't make the prize book print deadline. There will be a derby Hat & T-Shirt draw for a $500.00 Peninsula Co-Op fuel card. You must be wearing a 2015 derby hat and t-shirt if your name is drawn to win!! We do have a few extra derby hats & t-shirts that will be for sale at both Pedder Bay Marina and at the banquet at the Eagleridge Dry Floor Facility. We have them priced at $15 if you buy a hat or t-shirt individually and $20 if you buy both a hat and a t-shirt together. Good to have one to wear that isn't all bloody from being worn while fishing. Good luck out there it looks like we have a sunny and warm weekend ahead and there are some big fish out there this year! Wishing everyone a good weekend and a good time.

BTW if you are purchasing tickets on Friday night before 9pm online and after the vendors are closed you must print off your proof of purchase and bring it to Wise Buys Saturday morning before beginning to fish. (They are open at 4am on Saturday morning) They will give you your window stickers and rule/prize booklet. You can pick up your hat and t-shirt at Pedder Bay while the scale is open. I have to check with Chris to see if you can purchase the Team Jackpots and the accumulator jackpot online as well. Not sure if the website is set up for that.

For those who are wanting to get into any of the Derby Jackpots at the last minute you can make arrangements to meet myself or Chris Bos at our homes up until 9pm tonight. I live in Esquimalt and Chris is on the Peninsula. Cash only. The unofficial amounts in each Jackpot is: Exact Weight Accumulator $5,500.00 $100 Team Jackpot - $7,400.00 (74 teams competing) $250 Team Jackpot $4,500.00 (18 teams competing)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tight Lines and good luck everyone! Thanks to all who bought tickets and are supporting the ongoing work SVIAC is undertaking. Rollie & Chris

Chris has posted the Accumulator exact weight on the SVIAC website. 26.3 is the fish to catch. Also the Banana Challenge requires that you take a photo of you and your fish with the banana in the fishes mouth and your rod and reel being held in your free hand. You can email your picture to chris@anglerscoalition.com or bring your camera or cell phone to the scale and show the photo in person.

Anyone have the results of the day or a picture of the leader board thus far? Would be great to see!

Back