2015 Alpine Group Juan De Fuca Fishing Tournament

profisher

Christmas is coming and many of you I'm sure have been asked what you want for Christmas. Wives are looking for something for the guy that already has everything. Well just in time for Christmas!! There will be a release of 200 additional tickets for the 2015 Father's Day Weekend event for a total of 500 regular tickets. This is the final increase of tickets the derby will see and we do expect to sell out and then have a wait list formed. Those who bought tickets and fished in the 2014 derby (300 tickets in 2014) have first right to those tickets in 2015. Only the additional 200 tickets are available at this time.
Derby tickets won't be printed until early in the new year but you can secure your spot in the 2015 derby by purchasing a derby gift certificate. Once the actual tickets have been printed you redeem your gift certificate for the derby ticket. The gift certificate bought now ensures that you are in!! Here are the confirmed 2015 derby details.

Father's Day Weekend June 20th & 21st
Weight Station/Derby Headquarters - Pedder Bay Marina
Boundaries - Cadboro Point to Jordan River

Prizes
$25,000.00 in cash prizes
Top 10 largest salmon awarded prizes
draw prizes awarded to those who register a catch
draw prizes for those who fail to register a catch
largest halibut prize
perpetual and keeper trophies
many more

Cash prize details:

If Zone 1 (85cm maximum size for wild Chinook)
$12,500.00 for largest Chinook overall and $12,500.00 for largest hatchery Chinook. If largest Chinook is a hatchery Chinook the winner takes $25,000.00.
NOTE: no fish over 85cm will be accepted at the scales under zone 1 restrictions (even if you fish between Sheringham Point and Jordan River)

If Zone 2 (1 wild Chinook no maximum size limit)
$20,000.00 largest Chinook overall and $5,000.00 largest hatchery Chinook. If largest Chinook is a hatchery Chinook the winner takes $25,000.00

Those entered in the derby will have the opportunity to purchase special winner take all jackpot derby tickets. You can choose $100, $250, $500 and $1,000 tickets once you have your regular tickets.

Tickets:
Regular Price - $200.00 per rod
South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition (SVIAC) Members - $150.00 per rod
Note: Only members of SVIAC are eligible for the ticket discount. Members may not buy tickets at the discounted price for non members. SVIAC annual memberships are $40.00
You can purchase your gift certificate by contacting me here or by email at sscl@shaw.ca Or both gift certificates and memberships can be purchased beginning Dec 10th online at www.anglerscoalition.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it Barrie. We are also going to try and get these into a few stores to make it easier to get them while you are out and about. I'll let everyone know once that happens.

SVIAC is having it'a annual Christmas social for members on Dec 11th 7pm at Esquimalt Anglers Clubhouse. I will have gift certificates there.

Both Wise Buys and Island Outfitters now have derby ticket gift certificates available at the store. These are for sale to those who didn't have tickets in the 2014 event.

Gift certificates are now also available at Alpine Marine Centre.

Just a heads up for anyone going to the Vancouver Boat show that I will be over there Friday and probably Saturday as well. I will have gift certificates with me which guarantee you a ticket in the derby once they are printed in February. There are only a limited number of tickets available as those who bought tickets last year have first right to those tickets. Our $25,000 cash for the top fish makes the trip over to the island well worth the trip. June also happens to be a great time for big Chinook in the Sooke area. PM me if you want to set up a time and place in the boat show to meet. I'm also bringing our corporate sponsorship package with me as well and will be chatting with manufactures reps in hope of bringing more sponsors into the fold. Our goal is over $100,000 in prizes this year, up from $65,000 last year.

We plan on being at the Victoria Boat show in late Feb and will have the tickets and posters prior to that. We have our corporate sponsorship package printed and are now working to secure prizes/donations and hope to top $100,000 in total prizes.

We plan on being at the Victoria Boat show in late Feb and will have the tickets and posters prior to that. We have our corporate sponsorship package printed and are now working to secure prizes/donations and hope to top $100,000 in total prizes.

Can you send me that corporate sponsorship package Rollie??

Jerrod Probably better to meet you sometime. Send me a text when you are around town....250-213-3055

The SVIAC crew will be in a booth at the Victoria Boat Show from Feb 20-22nd. We are going to be located near the booth where the Wicked Tuna guys were last year which is by the washrooms I believe. We will be selling tickets to those who bought tickets last year and also the remaining of the 200 new tickets for this year. We will be selling memberships as well. See you there!

We are hoping that during this year's derby which is held on the Father's Day weekend that many of the dads that are entering will be fishing with their kids. We once again will have a couple of really nice mountain bikes to offer junior anglers courtesy of Marty's Mountain Cycle. We will also have a perpetual trophy, a keeper trophy and a $300.00 gift card to shop at the Langford Canadian Tire for the youth who lands the largest Chinook. (under 16 years) I want to thank some new sponsors who have signed on this year. The Langford Canadian Tire is now a platinum level sponsor and will be donating some very nice prizes to the derby. They also will be a corporate member of SVIAC and will be offering those members specific derby discounts. The Home Hardware in Sidney is now also a platinum level sponsor and has made a very generous donation to the derby. They also will become a corporate sponsor of SVIAC and will be offering those members discounts. Intercon Marine, Peetz Manufacturing and Polar Bear Equipment are now silver level sponsors. Last years sponsors (to date) who have significantly increased their derby contributions this year include Oak Bay Marine Group and Scotty. We are early in our sponsorship campaign but have already confirmed $60,000.00 in derby sponsorships!!! We set a goal of $100,000.00 for the 2105 event.
We have also been invited to speak on a Washington State radio show in an effort to attract some friendly cross border competition within the derby. So just a heads up to any of our good southern neighbors that you are welcome to come up and enter the derby and possibly take home $25,000.00 CDN or about $125.00 US. Our dollar is heading that way again!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who renew or sign up for a new SVIAC membership during the boat show your names will go into a draw for a notebook valued at $300.00 supplied courtesy of Gizmos Computers on Bay St. (Last Chance) Gizmos is also a corporate sponsor of SVIAC and offers our members a discount when they shop at his store. Gizmos is also sponsoring the derby with a very nice Lap Top again this year. He deserves our computer business!

Great day at the show. Those of you who entered last year your tickets are on sale now and can be paid for and picked up at the boat show tomorrow and Sunday.

If I can't make the show can those who were in the derby last year still get tickets after the show ?

We will have those tickets at the AGM also, which will be announced soon. For those who had tickets last year you have until April 1st to commit to those tickets this year or they will be sold on the open market.

Back