2014 Seattle Boat Show

We hit the seattle boat show and the Sportsman show on Saturday. Sportsman show was good, plenty of things to check out. I really enjoyed the boat show, lots of awesome boats and some pretty good deals to be had. I picked up some halibut spreader bars for a 1.99 and a bunch of silver horde spoons.

We hit both Shows as well on Saturday. There were some good deals at both shows for sure. At the sportsman show I picked up 3 new crab floats c/w 100' of leaded line each and clips. All tied and wrapped ready to go for 15 bucks ea. !!!

I took quite a few pic's and will try to post them up later today if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
John

Photo Recap............PIC HEAVY!!!!

Tidal Chaos and I headed down South this past weekend to attend both the Washington Sportsman Show and the Seattle Boat Show. We had a good time as always. It wasn't as rushed this year because we headed down on Friday night and stayed at my buddy Goatram's (from Bloody Decks) place. We got down there quite late but had a chance to bs a bit and check out his kick azz fishing machine, the Miss Eliza, before hitting the sack. I'll post up photos of her in the boating section as to not make this one too long lol.

Saturday morning we picked up the Fogducker (Bloody Decks member not ours) and headed to Puyallup. We got there early and had to wait a bit before the opening. Word to the wise. Don't eat breakfast at Jack in the crack lol.

There was some nice stainless steel art work in the first booth we saw and TC and I both got the presents for the wives thing out of the way right off the bat.

There was an old tackle booth set up that was pretty cool.

Continued.......

I took some pics of this cabin for R&D (rip off and duplicate) purposes for possible future development at my lot.

We bumped into our tuna addict buddy Wade from Bear Cove Cottages. He is sooo stoked for next years tuna shootout!

Duckworth came out with a new model this year called the Pacific Silverwing. Pretty nice boat. Way better built and finished than the Hewescraft that is similar IMO.

A wee bit pricier too.......

Continued.............

We left the Sportsman Show and bombed up to the boat show. We didn't have a lot of time to really check everything out.

The spread.......

Here is a couple of shots of some nice aluminum hard tops......

Duckworth 26 Offshore......

Continued....

One of the weirdest things at the show. Don't even ask, cause I didn't' lol.

One of the pic's at some guide outfits booth. Thought it was a pretty good photoshop job myself.

Another Duckworth Pacific Silverwing in red this time.....

Continued....

Nice full height bow rails is nice to see.

Lot's of usable storage in this gal.

Disappointing that they didn't make this one self bailing. For the price I would have expected it. Apparently you can get it custom done at the factory. When will these cookie cutter boat manufacturers learn.

Continued........

The Mercury booth had these neat old timers on display......

The Defiance flagship model....

Ocean Sport Roamer booth (major drool factor).

The original 30....

...but with twin gasser's!!!

Here are some shots of the new 26'er. She is pretty bad azz for sure. Still big bucks for a 26'er.

Continued....

Half decent fish hold. The picture doesn't really show you how deep it is.

This back compartment is way too big IMO. They could have shrunk it up quite a bit and made the fish hold that much bigger.

The v birth.

The head.

The helm.

The coffin bunk (under the settee).

Continued....

This 33 is the ultimate fishing boat combined with comfort.

I did take a shot of the absolutely sick fish hold this vessel has. You could stuff 50-60 albacore with ice in here no problem. Yes those are bin boards lol.

Pic of the one hatch not open in the above photo.

The helm of the 33.

A big azz Pursuit that was just too luxurious to even take pictures of.

Continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the alloys lol.

A nice Armstrong.

The new Yammy 200's sure are popular with the boat manufacturer's.

This ones for Dennis:p:rolleyes:.

A zebra vrod (different).

Continued...

Goatram told us about a knock off Ace puller made in China that LFS had on display.

Here it is.

The guy showed us the performance of the bigger motor. He had gloves on and tried to grip the main spool to stall it out like you can on an Ace. He lent right into it and no way could he stop it. Pretty impressive. Time will tell.

We attended Cornfed's (Bloody Decks) tuna seminar at 6:00 p.m. It covered mostly live bait fishing and was worth going to.

We asked all sorts of questions about using dead bait and got some good info out of Tommy. We met some other BC tuna addicts as well and had a good bs with them.

We stayed the night again at Goatram's then took him and his wife to Ihop for breakfast on Sunday morn. Hit Cabela's and Costco then headed home. All in all a great trip as always. It's nice to be able to crawl around and check out all the new stuff and boats that are out of most folks leagues lol. I love going down to this show. We missed the floating portion but it seemed like all that was there were big cruisers. We went for the fishing stuff. Maybe next year. It was great meeting all sorts of folks and it was great bumping into folks we knew. Thanks for coming along Greg. You made the trip that much more enjoyable :cool:.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the invite and it was a blast. Maybe the next trip should be the WTC. Got into the costco beers last night so I will need to stock up again. LOL

I think you may convert yourself to glass before you know it, you spent more time on the ocean roamer boats than you did any of the others you drooled all over. Beauty of a boat and probably one of the best thought out boats we looked at. Super comfy helm and well laid out if you can afford the price tag of 247k-421k usd. Not chump change for us weekend warriors but we can always dream.

Thanks for posting Sculpin. Appreciate the view and your perspective. Gives us a good sense for what we can expect if we ever get down. Looks like its got a lot over the Vancouver show.

Back