2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my mom out this morning for her first time on the ocean. Headed to T10 for 2 hours of fishing and landed an undersized right by the marker. Second pass I lost a fight before seeing the fish. Put the line back down (pink hoochie) and hooked up with in 5 minutes. Lost that one at the boat. Minutes later, before I was able to reset that line, my other line went off (anchovie) and lost yet another one at the boat! All hits were at 54 feet in 200. Prawning was good atleast. Might head out again in the morning, this time much earlier.

Just wondering why so many guys are losing fish right by the boat.

If you have your drag set light it should be able to take off no problem for a quick dive or run without breaking the line..... (unless it gets caught around something like d/rigger line or what-have-you)..

Wassup?

Just wondering why so many guys are losing fish right by the boat.

If you have your drag set light it should be able to take off no problem for a quick dive or run without breaking the line..... (unless it gets caught around something like d/rigger line or what-have-you)..

Wassup?

In the case of my most recent lost fish at the side of the boat, it was partially (or entirely) my fault. I was fishing by myself and had successfully cleared the other 3 lines and the 2 downriggers while playing the fish but not so successfully reached for the net while maintaining control of the fish at the side of the boat. The fish took a quick survival run and popped the leader and I either lost it because I didn't reply quickly enough or because I didn't check my leader closely enough after clearing an earlier dogfish (I was a little tired of cutting leaders on dogs and thought I had saved one ... maybe not).

It's on and poppin out there limited out in 3 hrs on springs this afternoon. Nothing huge but double headers and most boats hooking up. Get your gear and get out there!!!

Hey guys. Just wondering if anybody has been out around sandheads lately and seen some pinks. I have a little 4 yr old who is dying to get into some fish. Casting her pink Barbie rod with a Baitrix in the living room as we speak! I imagine most don't care they are there but I would love a heads up if any are seen. Cheers.

In the case of my most recent lost fish at the side of the boat, it was partially (or entirely) my fault. I was fishing by myself and had successfully cleared the other 3 lines and the 2 downriggers while playing the fish but not so successfully reached for the net while maintaining control of the fish at the side of the boat. The fish took a quick survival run and popped the leader and I either lost it because I didn't reply quickly enough or because I didn't check my leader closely enough after clearing an earlier dogfish (I was a little tired of cutting leaders on dogs and thought I had saved one ... maybe not).

Good on you!

FIshing 4 lines on your own is something I gave up on about ten years ago. I now look at it and wonder how I did it and you do it now. Just getting one rigger out of the way, keeping the fish on the right side of the boat and handling the net is enough for me these days. But way easier than what you guys are doing. You've got my respect!

Hey reel tight. Great pics of springs you caught today. I will be heading out with me brother tomorrow to hook up at the T10. I am forced to work in the am but will be out in the afternoon. Any reports for the afternoon bites?

Heading out tomorrow morning to Sandheads area. Will report back tomorrow eve. Thx for info from other guys the last couple of days.

Fished north arm to T10 this evening. Lots of action. Lost a decent spring right off the bat, soon followed by a few triple headers of pinks. Bonked two and moved on to t10. Not much action for an hour or two then landed a nice 18.5lb red spring just when we were going to call it a night.

Most hits were on bait, shallow 20-50 feet. A few hits on a red needlefish also.

Cheers

Will be heading out after work today to fish the flood either at North Arm or T-10 if weather permits. Would appreciate any weather/fishing updates from any boats out that way this afternoon as we'll be leaving from Van and may stay closer to home (cap) if it's too gusty for the boat I'll be on. Thx

Was out this morning - didn't make it to sandheads. Stayed around the bell - no action for us and seemed to be very slow for others. Dogs were snatching our lower bait lines. Went across to Cap and had a bit of action there, but nothing to write home about. Weather was nice - almost no wind, seas quite calm.

This is a belated report, but I fished the Bell Tuesday night and went 1 for 4. Two were pin-poppers that didn't stick, boxed one close to 20 and had a long-line release on a real screamer after a couple of strong runs. Three of the four hits came at 72' on a Big Ugly, one at 55' on bait. The picture says it all - I don't want to live anywhere else.
IMG-20130813-00092.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20130813-00093.jpg
    IMG-20130813-00093.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 494
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back