2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you guys get out during the week,clearly no kids! Hey angelina summer, I'm new to prawning and only managed 1 prawn in the trap for the last 3 sets. Where abouts were you for prawning, bait and depth and how long did you let it soak? Appreciate the advice! Going to paisley island for the next few days, which is just behind bowen, I will post a fishing report when there, if we can make it out???

Had a great afternoon, started out at the T10 and fished towards the sand heads in 90 to 150' of water. Caught one just legal fish on bait at 68'. 3 dogs and 3 retied leaders. Switched to a wide body glow hoochie at 51' and hooked into a 20+ red that we landed. Hooked three more fish but somehow didn't get a good hook set. Overall great couple hours on the water. Will be back Friday for the night bite and sat for the early bite.

fished sandheads today, it was on on the high slack... double headers lots of lost fish, very few pinks managed to bonk out today, 60-70 feet flaming hans gypsy and chovies on long leaders ... the spoons were short leadered 36 inches and tight to the rigger cables.

Fished yesterday with a buddy from 2-5 pm. Hit 5 springs. Boated a 20, 18, 14, 12lb reds. Lost a screemer that hit my pink hoochie at 30'. Peeled out a ton of line and then spit the hook. I was hoping my buddy could of landed it or even get it close for a look. All others were on Chovies at 50'. Also boated 2 really nice pinks, one each for dinner tonight. I was out in a blue and white spectrum 20' aluminium with a dark blue top. Fished the south arm to T-10 but never made it there... lol.

Cheers.

Similar report to others from last night. Only fished for 2 hours after work but made the run from Van to T-10. 3 lines in the water. 2 chovies and 1 hootchie. All of our action came on the chovies. 3 good hits. missed one, lost one at the boat (rookie on rod) and landed a nice 15lb spring. A few dogfish and lots of big butt jellyfish ensured we were busy for the whole 2 hour session. 45-65 feet for us.

First time out after moving here from the North Coast, so lots of learning. Tuesday launched from Cates and fished West Vancouver. Beautiful day, but no fish. Didn't see anyone else land anything.

Yesterday launched at MacDonald and fished T10 all day. Lots of dogs, some big jelly fish and had a couple of good hits that dove straight down, but neither hook set and lost them well before the boat.

We were on herring (too big maybe?), pink and green hootchies, and tried a spoon for a while.

Saw a few good looking fish landed, but we ate burgers last night.

Fished bell high slack. Zero for me short of dragging a couple tiny one's around. saw a couple others with fish on. sounder packed it in so was guessing...hate trolling blind.

Took noluck from the forum out today. Hit t10 first thing, fought some early morning getting the gear down issues and ending up loosing a ball, a couple of clips and about an hour and a bit of fishing time. Finally got in and and started getting into fish. Three in the boat by ten, 14, 16 and 22 all whites. Followed that with a triple header of pinks, 2 landed, 2 more lost. Then hit a screamer spring who turned and charged the boat. I couldn't keep up. A few undersize springs and we were out ot bait around noon. Nothing for us after thaf.

Fun day, lots of action, all on bait.

Nice work. Any dogfish with the bait?

Took noluck from the forum out today. Hit t10 first thing, fought some early morning getting the gear down issues and ending up loosing a ball, a couple of clips and about an hour and a bit of fishing time. Finally got in and and started getting into fish. Three in the boat by ten, 14, 16 and 22 all whites. Followed that with a triple header of pinks, 2 landed, 2 more lost. Then hit a screamer spring who turned and charged the boat. I couldn't keep up. A few undersize springs and we were out ot bait around noon. Nothing for us after thaf.

Fun day, lots of action, all on bait.

Sandheads, bonked 2 in the teens lost anther while trying to clear gear. Most action between 10am and 1pm, both on cop car spoon. Lots of shakers
Out again tomorrow.

T10 was definitely on ... I dropped the lines for a little over an hour at 3pm on the way to Saltspring ... boxed an extremely feisty 25 lb white and had two other good fish on that didn't stick. Wish I could be fishing there tomorrow.

I'm hoping to pull my sorry butt out of bed tomorrow and give her another shot. Might be tricky solo, if the winds are up. Might have to fish around the corner.

Weekdays are for catching up on sleep!:D

Was out at T10 this evening...lots of action around 50 feet...landed a few undersized...a few shakers...one large pink...and a nice fat 20 lb red Chinook...anchovies or pink / white hoochies were the ticket...out again tomorrow...good times!

T10 was awesome today for me and cpt party marty, will post pics and a report later tonight after I BBQ this peahead

Took a member and his dad from Ontario out today. Met them for the first time this morning. Rob's dad Bob ended up with 2 over 20 pounds it was absolutely great to see! Excellent people, great to meet! Rob ended up with a screamer also coming in around 20. I think I lost the biggest fish of the day. I called Rob off the net when it took another short run and thrashed one last time and sawed off the leader. Very dissapointing definitely high twenties. I also managed to get one in around twenty after that.

So, 4 for 6 on springs, 1 for 2 on pinks, 1 large sockeye released gently and a commercial crab trap. It was a tough weekend on gear but an epic weekend for springs 7 for 12, and a lot of high fiving!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back