2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For us, fishing along the West Van shoreline was slower today. Managed a 10.5lb coho and a 4 lb coho. Lost a few other fish. The fish seemed scattered. Was off the water by 1. Lots of boats out there and it looked like they were getting there share of fish as well.
Tightlines

Fished T-10 this afternoon from 3 to 6:30. Solid action on anchovies. From 30' to 70'. Put a 24lb white in the box. Was sealed twice on what looked to be low 20's. and a newbie put the brakes on a screamer and snapped the leader. The seals were everywhere we were lucky to get one in the boat.. Heading back out in the AM. Cheers

We started at the t10 this morning but packed her in when she blew up. Tried West Van, nothing for us, tried the bellboy, nothing. Had to wear the skunk home. I guess we should have headed back to the t10.

We started at the t10 this morning but packed her in when she blew up. Tried West Van, nothing for us, tried the bellboy, nothing. Had to wear the skunk home. I guess we should have headed back to the t10.

Couple of questions for you;

I see you are in Langley too. Where do you launch your boat? What is most convenient.
I am new to the area. Where is T10?

I saw the red in the water from shore, so jellyfish makes sense. Was driving around looking for suitable places to drive and launch from. So far looked at Macdonald in Richmond, Cates park, and Ambleside.

I plan on getting on the water after next weekend sometime.

Couple of questions for you;

I see you are in Langley too. Where do you launch your boat? What is most convenient.
I am new to the area. Where is T10?

I saw the red in the water from shore, so jellyfish makes sense. Was driving around looking for suitable places to drive and launch from. So far looked at Macdonald in Richmond, Cates park, and Ambleside.

I plan on getting on the water after next weekend sometime.

UP until 2 weeks ago I was doing Macdonald beach. I'm trying moorage for 2 months to get away from the gong shows of pulling the boat on summer weekend afternoons. I'll see how this works out then decide what I do next spring.

T10 is a few miles south of the north arm as you come out fromMacdonald beach.

Fished Pt. Atkinson late this morning...one pink...lots of red jelly around...once the wind let up we headed towards T10...landed one 15 lb Chinook which took a large Irish Cream spoon at 50 feet just south of the North Arm...bit of a slow day.

Hit T-10 again this morning. Lines wet by 6:30am. Had a 28lb red and 26lb white in the box by 7:30. Had pretty good action until 10ish when the bite seemed to die. Picked up another red in the low 20's during that time. Snapped a rod on good size fish and a couple more spat the hook about 20' from the boat.. All fish on anchovy's @ 47' in 100' of water. Theres some biggies out there right now!!: :cool:

Good to hear the springs are out there, was out at the cap area yesterday and managed 10 in the box. Granted 9 were pinks and one hatchery coho, hello smoked salmon! The neighbour and a good friend had a blast. Good luck everyone!

Yeah and that red tide?? Jelly fish? Are you guys sure? I thought that on some schools of feed but how do they make the water so red?

Yeah and that red tide?? Jelly fish? Are you guys sure? I thought that on some schools of feed but how do they make the water so red?
Not sure what causes the red water but there was red jelly fish in it. I cut across the harbour yesterday and ran through some serious red and my lines fouled with red jelly fish, not just the red crap that collects on your swivels and lures. Maybe it's a bloom of some kind and that draws the jelly fish?

Thrasher Aug 5th

spent the day at Thrasher, inside and out...nothing. Lots of kelp...currents, and sun..but not much of a bite. I heard that the fish were biting north of 5 fingers

Headed out around south of sand heads tonight for the high slack. Will post results (warning, maybe just a few empty beer cans). Good days with the kids out Ambleside the past while. Also, to those snuffing the pinks...if you bbq them fresh on cedar plank with a good rub (brown sugar, paprika, fresh garlic, dill, ground ginger) and some mango salsa you won't so disappointed about seeing the big spots.

Nothing for me last night. sharks like the bait. Anyone ever spend much time around the T14 marker? south of T10?

Fished around the bell buoy and in the freighters. Dogfish and jellies are thick! Nothing but a couple pinks and 1 undersize

how is the water off the cap/fisheries right now? thinking of headed out with my kids tomorrow night but not if the water is red. i can't seem to find fish when its like that (not even sure what it is that causes it).

Fished the bell buoy yesterday morning without a sniff. Then fished the cap for a couple hours. Picked up a few pinks on hootchies. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of them. No coho for me, but marked a ton of fish near the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back