2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's HAWG! Nice work Wildthing!

fished the weekend again out at epsom pt

on sat fished and had and released a 20 lber due to buddie pulling on wrong end of the rope to bleed it over board
not happening again on my boat.....lol
and to day bagged a 31-32lb tyee 39" length nose to fork of tail grith 25"
will try post a pic when i get some
also a had a few small'uns 10lb and 12lb

all taken on splatterback green glow hootchie @150' on the rigger trolling 165 ' water depth

also watch out for commi trap sets in the 100' zone
all along north thornaby
we tangled up in one sat and had a gong show sorting it out
losing a cannon ball and release clip in the process and wrapping the braid in the kicker prob
not happy i can tell you but lesson learned and payed off by hitting the deeper water

boats back down in gibsons now
where we found out that one of the trailer tire de-laminated
on the trip back down the coast
lucky it did not blow out or fall apart while the boat was being pulled
so tip guys always check your tires carefully sidewalls and all in and out side
especially if its sits most of the year.

now to bang some from close to home tight lines all

View attachment 7713

fished the weekend again out at epsom pt

on sat fished and had and released a 20 lber due to buddie pulling on wrong end of the rope to bleed it over board
not happening again on my boat.....lol
and to day bagged a 31-32lb tyee 39" length nose to fork of tail grith 25"
will try post a pic when i get some
also a had a few small'uns 10lb and 12lb

all taken on splatterback green glow hootchie @150' on the rigger trolling 165 ' water depth

also watch out for commi trap sets in the 100' zone
all along north thornaby
we tangled up in one sat and had a gong show sorting it out
losing a cannon ball and release clip in the process and wrapping the braid in the kicker prob
not happy i can tell you but lesson learned and payed off by hitting the deeper water

boats back down in gibsons now
where we found out that one of the trailer tire de-laminated
on the trip back down the coast
lucky it did not blow out or fall apart while the boat was being pulled
so tip guys always check your tires carefully sidewalls and all in and out side
especially if its sits most of the year.

now to bang some from close to home tight lines all

View attachment 7713

That's a friggin BEAST......................nice work John.... I wondered why I didn't see your boat at the marina for a while. Did you have a moorage spot up there? Where were you launching from. Cheers

Damn guys....damn!

thanks guys
had a spot in H/moon bay at a friends house/dock
not far from the coopers green boat launch
where we put the boat in
may have to go for a return visit soon when my Buddie gets his rig back in the water up there

we left the dock by 8:00 and fished Thrasher from about 845 till 11:30 pulling spoons and hootchies
picked up a nice hatch coho right away, then banged a nice double header of springs on the turn boated one at 27.5 lost the other, picked up another 10ish lber a few mins later,
then trolled around out front and nailed a monster out front of the marker in about 600'
had it right to the boat 3-4 times but it just wouldn't give up, every time it seen the net it was gone, definitely Tyee+, just would not tire out splashing and rolling the a coho, last run was a doozy and gone,
all this while the other rod laid in the holder pounding away too, had to ignore it as we new this thing was an absolute pig! other rod ended up coming in coho
headed up to entrance looking for some more coho, managed another hatch,
tried for some bottom fish with no luck
all in all was a fun day, ended up with 2 hatch's and 2 springs and 2 doubles headers, got to love that
I think I do have to check my scale accuracy tho as the one big guy we boxed was 41" nose to tail and 25" around, definitely measured up bigger then a 27.5lber
all action was 107'-155' inc Coho's on double glow chartreuse hootchie and homeland security spoons
with the big one we lost on a purple ace hi, green glow flashers and green onions

Nice Spring Tim ! Maybe your daughter can play one like that soon !!! Yeah maybe check the scale as those measurements normally would say Tyee ! If you held it a bit closer and tilted the belly up just a bit and photographed from lower angle , it would look like a 40 ! .... very nice fish no matter what.

Nice Spring Tim ! Maybe your daughter can play one like that soon !!! Yeah maybe check the scale as those measurements normally would say Tyee ! If you held it a bit closer and tilted the belly up just a bit and photographed from lower angle , it would look like a 40 ! .... very nice fish no matter what.

Yea it was a biggie , the one we lost was a fair bit bigger again, I have a large if not the largest C&R net I could get and this guy didn't fit lol, gotta love a problem like that
IMG_6224.jpg

Yea it was a biggie , the one we lost was a fair bit bigger again, I have a large if not the largest C&R net I could get and this guy didn't fit lol, gotta love a problem like that
Got this from the sooke thread - http://www.wherewisemenfish.com/fish-weight-calculator

Its got some crazy results but the 'mean' weight on that site ( the last one that averages it out ) seems kind of close
....or the common one: girth x girth x length in inches divided by 800 seems quite close on most salmon ( I have done comparisons with lead weights on scales and come to this conclusion)

_ I have a bigger net that would work for U... :)
I'm glad you think I need one ;)
probably has a squeegee handle or something lol

Fished at Hutt island along the "trench" between the rock markers bouncing bottom on one rigger 120-140ft, had a second rod clipped on 50ft higher. had second rigger around 100ft. fished 6:30-10:00pm. lots of action on the sounder what looked like lots of bait thick off the bottom for the first 2 hrs we fished but no action. changed up gear and still nothing. one curious clip popped, had just sharpened all hooks too :(. toured around the outside once, nothing. 16ft high tide was at 10:00 and we fished till dark. it felt super fishy, brand new gear, calm water, bait on sounder but no action.

42"-60" Leaders on spoons and hoochies
9ft-16ft from flasher to release clip

any suggestions?

lol good one GB.

Good to hear someone is fishing around town. Has anyone been out mid week or did everyone make their run last weekend.

I am going to be out Sat-Monday in and around Vancouver-Nanaimo. Not sure the plan of attack, but going to make my first strong effort of the year for some bottom fish on Saturday, and likely try some salmon sun/mon.

Hope to see some of y'all out there. Give a wave if you see me out there!

Cheers!

Looks like the wind is kicking up just in time for the weekend 10-20 north west :( Could change i guess/hope

ForecastWeather Conditions ConditionsWarningsSynopsisMapsGlossaryAnother AreaWinds
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 June 2013 Today Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.

Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20 early this afternoon and to northwest 20 to 25 early this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 late this evening and to light late overnight. Extended Forecast
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 June 2013
Sunday

Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots.

Monday

Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots.

Tuesday

Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.

Big diff from report to report. Best to go and find out is the way i look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back