2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna fish Hole In The Wall or Gower Pt. but didnt cause of wind. I have a feeling its goona be fishy tonight, anyone try their luck in Howe Sound area?

They should be piled up at McNab Creek late Augest, to bad some people want to destroy such an awesome place. :(

So true, it's an incredible little river. I used to fish it as a teen ( awhile back!! Lol) and had days where I've caught 6 different species in one outing. Springs, coho and pinks as well as "big" cutts, dollies and resident rainbows. I would be a crime to destroy that!

heading across to the Gabriola side Saturday by the looks of things, anyone else
going over?
Tim

So true, it's an incredible little river. I used to fish it as a teen ( awhile back!! Lol) and had days where I've caught 6 different species in one outing. Springs, coho and pinks as well as "big" cutts, dollies and resident rainbows. I would be a crime to destroy that!

What's supposed to happen to McNab Creek? I posted another thread looking for nice beaches in Howe Sound and that one looks amazing. I was hoping to teach my girlfriend and a couple of her friends how to flycast for pinks in their bikinis on a sweltering hot day this August..

http://futureofhowesound.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/McNab-Beach.jpg

Here's the info on the proposed Gravel Mine:

http://futureofhowesound.org/category/campaigns/burnco/

Not very encouraging news and a way to wreck a beautiful spot.

Also heard a proponent is trying to put Liquefied Natural Gas Plant in at the old Woodfibre Pulp Mill just around corner from McNab towards Squamish. The Future of Howe Sound is threatened by both projects.

wow that is brutal, when is this proposed to happen? I better get up there a bunch this summer before this spot is just another piece of Howe Sound's historical lore like the 50lb springs at Hole-in-the-Wall...

What's supposed to happen to McNab Creek? I posted another thread looking for nice beaches in Howe Sound and that one looks amazing. I was hoping to teach my girlfriend and a couple of her friends how to flycast for pinks in their bikinis on a sweltering hot day this August..

http://futureofhowesound.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/McNab-Beach.jpg

Spend your time in the US of A......loving the life on that side of the border and you miss a lot of sh*t that happens here.

Abercrombie and Fitch ads need to not be what you think life is like.

wow that is brutal, when is this proposed to happen? I better get up there a bunch this summer before this spot is just another piece of Howe Sound's historical lore like the 50lb springs at Hole-in-the-Wall...

Demco, Be sure to spread the word, let you MLA and MP know about your opposition to the projects.

Lol, careful I know where you park:)
see ya there

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the bite is still on, see you fellas over at thrasher.

We're here right now. Wild Coho everywhere....tons of undersize Chinook....then a pod of Orcas came by and it was like someone turned off the switch.

Thanks for the report FM. hoping there is still some fighting fish to be found!

Hope the bite is still on, see you fellas over at thrasher.

you guys over for the weekend Dave? I cant make it till sunday now
but Rich and I should be over fairly early
may give you a call, save me a Hali will ya

Got over this evening to Thrasher. My son got nice spring 160 feet on Kitchen Sink off Silva Bay.

Attachments

• Hayden June 21 Spring.jpg
    Hayden June 21 Spring.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back