2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use the Enviro Can weather reports. They aren't always spot on but I think there is a method to the madness. If past recent updates are scattered and always changing, you've got a gamble for the day. I find it takes a 2nd consistent report for eviro can to be correct.

If weather sucks and then the 1030am report says its good....well you should probably wait until 2pm lol

windfinder says 1 - 4 knots , environment Canada says 10 - 15 --that's quite a difference , who's right the feds or some guy that made an app.
I want to take some kids out on Sunday I need the truth

Personal experience has taught me never to trust windfinder. I rely solely on the Gov of Can website for the forecast and click on the weather conditions>Halibut Bank to check the current conditions (particularly the wave height). I usually double what it says for wave height to be what is actually out there (0.4 meter waves I treat as 0.8) and any sustainable .4 meter wave conditions or higher isn't really suitable for comfortable fishing in my boat, or even to make the trip across the strait.

well flat clam out there tonight
wind finder and the like are so unreliable
just get down the marina and if the flags are flying and sail boats a rattling then its windy....lol

thats my tell tale sign

well flat clam out there tonight
wind finder and the like are so unreliable
just get down the marina and if the flags are flying and sail boats a rattling then its windy....lol

thats my tell tale sign

I use the sailboat method too, but I look for the herds of them heading out on the water,
if I see them I know its time to prepare for a little combat fishing

Fished just outside of Lasqueti Island yesterday.. caught a 12lb white spring and a 15lb red spring !!

Has anyone fished the Vancouver area, Infront of West Van or the Cap.
Has anyone been out to the Hump lately. What depth are you getting them at and what are you using.
Thanks..:confused:

Out at Grant Reef tonight, it was so beautiful and calm. 3 springs high teens and a 8 pound coho. My wife came out and reeled in her first 2 springs. Well done! She's hooked.
IMG-20130629-00382.jpg

Fished thrasher yesterday from 7am to 12 with no action. Seen a few fished picked up in 35 or so boats, that was it.
Decided to move up to entrance and managed 1 barely legal spring and some shakers. Beauty weather, crappy fishing.
Must have been similar with others judging by the lack of reports.
West van should come on with the hot weather!!

heading out right now to hit the low slack and the flood, any reports? when was the last time someone got a legal chinook in English Bay??

Fished hard at sangster all weekend!! Lots of action highlighted by my wife's first tyee!! 37" length x 26" girth! 32lbs by calculation, 31 on the hand held scale!! Impressive numbers of hatchery coho as well! image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back