2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice evening at Epsom pt. 7 shakers to the boat then broke off a freight train!! ( I knew I shoulda changed that leader,,,,that'll teach me to be lazy!!) lol

Fished Camp Bing again tonight with one keeper 9 pound whitey on the army truck coyote. Released many undersized with non stop action at one point that kept the kids totally jacked and not the usual this is getting boring line! Looked like Gower Pt. was busy tonight.

anyone had any luck right in Vancouver lately? Tried the freighters for a few hours yesterday, no hits..

hey guys first post here. fished hole in the wall last friday 8:00a-3:00p had 2 spring just undersize on flasher and cyote 90 and 110 on the rigger. tried again yesterday 6:00ish - 8:00 no action on the evening low.

does anyone have any tips on trolling Gower or Salmon Rock, im comming out of Mt.Gardner on Bowen so HITW, Salmon Rock and Gower are all close.

Thanks

Don't mean to beat a dead horse here but the girth measurement of the biggest sport fish caught salmon on record was 37.5" ... and it was a 97 lb Spring from the Kenai.
http://www.fishwithjd.com/2008/08/01/the-story-of-the-world-record-king-salmon/

Musta been a kink in your measuring tape there coholips. Unreal fish nonetheless! good job

30 pounder off Camp Bing tonight! I netted while my buddy did an awesome job playing her out to the end. 3.5" Army Truck coyote spoon at 90 feet in 130 feet with bait showing everywhere. Lots of "just" under size released tonight and one nice wild coho that put up an awesome aerial battle. Big one was a whitey doe full of 5" herring. Girth measurement was 36"!!! Great night up here on the coast.

hey guys first post here. fished hole in the wall last friday 8:00a-3:00p had 2 spring just undersize on flasher and cyote 90 and 110 on the rigger. tried again yesterday 6:00ish - 8:00 no action on the evening low.

does anyone have any tips on trolling Gower or Salmon Rock, im comming out of Mt.Gardner on Bowen so HITW, Salmon Rock and Gower are all close.

Thanks

24/7 I usually troll from salmon rock towards gospel rock and back and often Ill get really close to the gibsons side of salmon rock. right in to 40ft of water. Watch out though a couple of resident seals have a lot of practice taking your fish from you.... lol. At gower I just follow the shoreline over the point, good luck. and welcome to the board

Has anyone been fishing the Cap yet or West Van area. Had a bit of action south end Bowen couple weeks ago. Any one having luck in that area.

Fished West Van today. Not a single bite from 10 to 3. Fish were on the finder but none interested in hoochies spoons or anchovies. I'm just a noob but there were a few other boats out there and we didn't see anyone else getting anything.

Trolled around the eastern edge of the hump then to the QA for a few hours this evening with angelina summer. No hits for us. Ran chovies and spoons varied between 70 and 150 feet. Nothing on the sounder.

If you are in "reply to post":-

Go to the little square icon in the bar above (4th from right) that says "insert image".

Click it on and it says "browse files"....click on "from computer" ..not "from URL"

You go through a series of "open" sequencies.

keep opening until you come to your picture.

"open" the picture.

When you get it right it will show it ready to load on the upload icon small screen.

Upload it and wait fot it to process.

When it is uploaded it will show it in your post at first as an attachment.

When you actually submit the post and look at it in the threads it will be a picture.

Hope that helps.......

Thanks Seaever

I guess I had it set wrong in my personal settings. That bar at the top was not there before......Cheers RO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back