2013 Summer Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

Hey Guys and Gals, I am thinking of heading out to swiftsure this weekend to try my luck in some nice springs and hali. Have never fished there before so if there is a good guide out there who wants a very cheap day of fishing and to share some spots in my boat, let me know. I guide out of Ucluelet but am trying my luck out here with some friends. I will pay your drinks and food...Sound like a deal???

This thread is starting to look like the missed encounter section of craigslist..........

Does anyone know if the cohos are staging inside the bay already? I would like to do a coho trip with a few buddies but I do not want to venture too far out and therefore prefer to wait until the cohos are in. Anybody know?

Renfrew Bay

Does anyone know if the cohos are staging inside the bay already? I would like to do a coho trip with a few buddies but I do not want to venture too far out and therefore prefer to wait until the cohos are in. Anybody know?

Just came back from Renfrew. There were four boats fishing the beach along the Res. camp shore line each day.As I was there. No size to them the average is 6-8 lb. But there are some over 10 also. Far out is the same with lots of wild compared to hatchery marked Coho.

Was up there on Monday ... ho's jumping all over the place in front of the river ... caught some nice fish , out in 500 - 600 ft

I'm heading to Renfrew soon and wanted to clarify the DFO regs. Per the map on the DFO site, hatchery only until October 1st with the exception of the area shown at the start of the bay near San Juan light and San Juan point, where you can keep a total of 4 of which 2 can be wild? Can someone confirm. I seriously doubt that you could make the regulations more confusing than what DFO has put on their site.

I'm heading to Renfrew soon and wanted to clarify the DFO regs. Per the map on the DFO site, hatchery only until October 1st with the exception of the area shown at the start of the bay near San Juan light and San Juan point, where you can keep a total of 4 of which 2 can be wild? Can someone confirm. I seriously doubt that you could make the regulations more confusing than what DFO has put on their site.

Inside Can Buoy, 2 wild 2 hatch. Outside the Can, 1 wild 3 hatch. Basically, in the bay is 2 and 2. Remember, still the four salmon rule, so if you get a spring, only allowed 3 coho.

The wild coho limit was raised to 2 in area 20-1 (outside the whistle buoy) effective Oct 1 to Dec 31. See FN0895 for details. Also offshore Areas 125 126 127 are four coho per day either marked or wild.

Back