2013 Sproat Lake Loggers Derby

this thread's pretty quiet...only one week to go. haven't heard any reports from the area in a while...
Looking forward to a weekend off from responsibility!

this thread's pretty quiet...only one week to go. haven't heard any reports from the area in a while...
Looking forward to a weekend off from responsibility!

I'm looking forward to it big time. Work is driving me bonkers right now. A well deserved weekend of fun me thinks:).

I have a spot open on my boat if anyone wants to come,its just my wife and I going so far.
Prerequisites: drink Rye
: like loud music
: run a downrigger
: drink Rye
: outalk my wife
: not wine
: know how to net
Were leaving Port Alberni at first light sat morning and sleeping in the boat

We're back after a couple weeks in the sun. Was down checking to see if the Mexicans were taking good care of our Humpbacks while they calve and mate.

It's getting close.

This time next week we'll have the traps soaking and be warming our feet by the fire at the Nook. Gonna practice a bit on Friday and maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to get a fish worth weighing in this year. Gotta keep positive and keep trying.
See you out there and Good Luck to All.

Getting pretty excited in our group. Plan is to put in a 'warm up' fish Friday night as well. We are staying at Imperial Eagle Lodge in Bamfield. I (we) look forward to meeting any fellow members that may be in our neck of the woods..

We will be fishing on the Sculpin, so if your within shouting distance on the water, throw us a wave!

5 Sleeps left!

x2 I'm looking forward to it. I just hope the winds cooperate a little for the weekend. The forecast is everywhere from 20-50 knots for the next 5 days!

The forecast changes every time I look at it, there is alot of places to hide out there when its nasty.Sculpin,gonna have to track you down on saturday for a few cocktails

Geeez that's some wind! haha. Prepare for the worst, drink like its the best!

I have a spot open on my boat if anyone wants to come,its just my wife and I going so far.
Prerequisites: drink Rye
: like loud music
: run a downrigger
: outalk my wife
: not wine
: know how to net
Were leaving Port Alberni at first light sat morning and sleeping in the boat

Sounds like a boat party, and a possible menage a trois. haha jk. I like how you roll.

x2 I'm looking forward to it. I just hope the winds cooperate a little for the weekend. The forecast is everywhere from 20-50 knots for the next 5 days!

The forecast changes every time I look at it, there is alot of places to hide out there when its nasty.Sculpin,gonna have to track you down on saturday for a few cocktails

My prediction is that it will blow it self out and be nice for the weekend. Hows that for positive thinking lol:D. Or more fronts could keep coming:(. Regardless we have a fully enclosed cabin with diesel heat :p.

Definitely would like to get together for a bs Gary:cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I should try to get the hands free kit for the prawn puller, we can sit inside and watch the rope coil itself, lol.

FB

We will keep our eyes peeled; blury but peeled for the Sculpin; we are staying over in Grappler. if we see ya we will come over for a beer and a chit chat!

Getting pretty excited in our group. Plan is to put in a 'warm up' fish Friday night as well. We are staying at Imperial Eagle Lodge in Bamfield. I (we) look forward to meeting any fellow members that may be in our neck of the woods..

We will be fishing on the Sculpin, so if your within shouting distance on the water, throw us a wave!

5 Sleeps left!

Back