2013 Sproat Lake Loggers Derby

Another excellent Sculpin report! Thanks for taking the time to do write-ups like this. Even though I was there, it is fun to read a report like this. It was a lot of fun, even with my trap woes. I hope my crushed attitude after the fact didn't put a damper on things. A day like Sunday makes you forget most your worries and troubles so I was happy the weather gave me good reason to soldier on.

I would love to hear of where some of the ellusive salmon were hiding. We patrolled Kirby, down flemming, around vernon, the wall, aguila, and couldn't drum up a sniff from anything worth mention. My guess is they were further in the sound???

Hey Pippen............how was the weather there?

I heard it has been REAL wintery there

Hey Pippen............how was the weather there?

I heard it has been REAL wintery there

Haha.....it wasn't bad as I flew in Friday afternoon and out yesterday afternoon. Temps were between about zero and -5 through the days.....but I think I got out just in time as I understand the "wintery" weather was rolling in last night and today is pretty blustery with snow etc.

Mmmm bananas!

lol too funny. What about the rock cod!? I would love to still be floating around Barkley Sound....I'm sure its another beauty out there today!

Thanks for posting John. Great report for a great trip. Sure the fishing coulda been better but the beer was cold, company was good and the sun was shining (at least on sunday). Can't wait to get out there again.

Cheers.

Allthough fishing was slow,it was sure good getting out there.We managed to scrape up a 5 and 12 lber and missed a couple other decent hits. For how crappy the weather was on friday and saturday,sunday was absolutely beautiful,blue skies and flat calm
IMGP1371_zps45f6dd12.jpg

John's ragtag crew
IMGP1151_zps467507a6.jpg

hmmmmm bananas on board and no fish...coincidence???

Thanks guy's for posting the pictures and the story to go along with them.
One of these years I hope to go to this derby....

GLG

Great job on the pics posting , Sure hope to make it next year in the rain and wind !
Hey ....... No Fog Ducker comments ???

Yes, cudos on the posts and pictures guys. We have a few pics, will organize and post a few later.
Saturday afternoon weather break was sure welcomed and Sunday was fabulous finish to the weekend. We went up Thursday, left home in the rain, battled a major snow storm on the hump and all the way to Namint before we could see more than a few hundred yards. We were thanking the weather gods for holding the wind back as we ran out. They certainly let fly that evening and Friday, Almost the worst weather I've seen in my 11 years of derby fishing. But what the hell, still a great derby and weekend. Thanks to Nadine and Paul at the Nook and Don Deforrest and Friends for the great job they did organizing and arranging for all the prizes. Also great to meet some of the guys off this site, SteveO and AlberniFisher. See you all this summer, till then.......

Back