1981 Double Eagle gets a second chance

Worked on installing interior lights. Also ran all the wiring I will need for windshield wipers and rear deck lights. After that I started putting down the headliner. I should be able to finish the liner next week and get the top back on the boat. I couldn’t imagine how difficult it would be trying to do the liner without being able to flip the roof upside down working overhead would be killer on the shoulders.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpeg
    IMG_1902.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1900.jpeg
    IMG_1900.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Worked on installing interior lights. Also ran all the wiring I will need for windshield wipers and tear deck lights. After that I started putting down the headliner. I should be able to finish the liner next week and get the top back on the boat. I couldn’t imagine how difficult it would be trying to do the liner without being able to flip the roof upside down working overhead would be killer on the shoulders.
If it's not too late, leave yourself a loop of slack wire at the light. In case you have to change one out.

Thank you for the thread !! It’s awesome
I’ve leaned so much on this forum but you’ve taken that to a whole new level
And kudos to the others as well !
All hail the Builders !

If it's not too late, leave yourself a loop of slack wire at the light. In case you have to change one out.
There is some slack that I can pull back if needed but I am also thinking of putting quick connectors on so if a light needs replacing I can just add the male ends to the new light and pop them in.

There is some slack that I can pull back if needed but I am also thinking of putting quick connectors on so if a light needs replacing I can just add the male ends to the new light and pop them in.
Yeah exactly. Always plan for future repairs, replacements, or upgrades.🤙

Today I had a plan of putting down the rest of the headliner. Looking at it I figured maybe a 2 hr job. Was I ever wrong. 5 hrs later and still have to glue the sides down. Well the glue was drying I test fit a couple of the windows. Very happy with the fit ( sorry for the crappy picture)

On a side note I went and had a quote done up for twin Mercury 115’s I was happy with the motor price but HOLY MOLY the cost to rig them knocked my socks off and I will have the throttles, steering, and gauges pre installed so thats 5 grand thats not even on the quote. Over $14,000 for rigging and taxes. If I had them do the throttles, steering and gauges it would over $19,000

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpeg
    IMG_1985.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1991.jpeg
    IMG_1991.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1989.jpeg
    IMG_1989.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 83
I'm going to need some headliner/hull side material in grey for my project eventually.Where did you find it?

Today I had a plan of putting down the rest of the headliner. Looking at it I figured maybe a 2 hr job. Was I ever wrong. 5 hrs later and still have to glue the sides down. Well the glue was drying I test fit a couple of the windows. Very happy with the fit ( sorry for the crappy picture)

On a side note I went and had a quote done up for twin Mercury 115’s I was happy with the motor price but HOLY MOLY the cost to rig them knocked my socks off and I will have the throttles, steering, and gauges pre installed so thats 5 grand thats not even on the quote. Over $14,000 for rigging and taxes. If I had them do the throttles, steering and gauges it would over $19,00

How much are the taxes…. And how much is the rigging? That seems crazy…. Is that them wiring the entire boat, or ???

How much are the taxes…. And how much is the rigging? That seems crazy…. Is that them wiring the entire boat, or ???
Taxes are about 4800 total. that is only wiring the motors. The rest of the boat will be done and I told them I would have the throttle’s already installed. The steering will already be installed. The batteries will already be installed. Fuel lines and fuel filters will already be installed. Also gages will already be installed.

They did say the labour might be less, but it could also be more it’s just an estimate. I am feeling less sticker shock today as I’ve looked around at different motors, and different brands. You pay one way or the other Suzuki. The motors are quite a bit more expensive, but the rigging was less Honda was the cheapest, but their motors are also the heaviest, and basically the oldest technology And Yamaha was quite a bit more so save on the motors pay on the rigging it’s all the same

Last edited:
You’ve done so much yourself… with plans to do much more of the rigging prep. Consider doing it yourself? Not that tough considering what you’ve done so far 🤷🏻‍♂️ just my 2 bits, Oscar
You know, I just might do that and just have them hang the motors

Finished the headliner. Also cut the wood strips to cover the seams. Will epoxy and paint them before installing. Still have to drill and mount the wiper motors. Overall I am happy with everything but I do have one area that requires a redo and a couple more trim pieces to fab up.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2093.jpeg
    IMG_2093.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2095.jpeg
    IMG_2095.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2096.jpeg
    IMG_2096.jpeg