18-20lb cannon ball poll

CCB

I have been asked by a few people and members if I have larger balls. I am just wondering how many people would buy Or be interested in 18lb finned or 20 lb finned coated or uncoated balls and or 18 lb round and 20lb round balls. Some of these would be custom jobs and a pretty good investment . Could be in the thousands. I am just wondering if it would be worth the investment . I run 15s but they actually weigh closer to 15.5 once coated and seem to have no issues even at 200 ft. A 20 lb round ball is the easiest and cheapest option right away.

Thanks

I wouldn't personally go bigger than 15. Guys fishing exclusively at places like French Creek may benefit from bigger.

20# is pretty big. I'll stay with my finned 13#ers.
Dave

i run 18's on the bank, would like 20's once i upgrade to hp's

20's work on the HP when you fish over 200 feet.
Picked up a couple from FA this fall and I'm happy with them.

I run 20 # lbers.... no problems , less tangles and good for sharper , faster turns.
But , that maybe comes from my commercial trolling days... bigger the better.
we experimented many times ...back when... with different sizes and shapes.
the fin balls caused way too many tangles , with shear.
research , and u will find a sphere shape is the best shape with least resistants travelling thru water.
I think 18 would be perfect for most , as 20's you have to be delicate with the brake and have it set up right.

I run both 15 and 20's. Have some concerns with the 20's as they put a lot of pounding on the boat gunnels when the HP bangs them up and stops suddenly. I worry about the long term affect of all that jarring on each cycle. The 20's do get down better when fishing 200 feet, so I will stick to using them only for that application. Like the 15's for general shallow water use.

lol I just said to Sculpin yesterday...I could never go 20's because they are just to heavy to use in general. I'm probably being a puss but lugging the 15's in and off the rigger is work enough, especially in choppy water.

Does anyone out there use 15 lber's with no fins that are just round? Hard to find, but I would like to try them as I think they would perform better when bottom bouncing or working around structure...

That's all I use. Find the one's with the fins are a pain when bottom bouncing so I stick with the round ones. Best place is PNT in mid Island. Not sure about Mainland. If you are coming over fishing, you could do a pre-season order with PNT and they can set them aside for you.

Does anyone out there use 15 lber's with no fins that are just round? Hard to find, but I would like to try them as I think they would perform better when bottom bouncing or working around structure...

I use 15 lb round balls, they work great.
I seem to have less tangles as they drop straight down and current has less effect on them.

That's all I use. Find the one's with the fins are a pain when bottom bouncing so I stick with the round ones. Best place is PNT in mid Island. Not sure about Mainland. If you are coming over fishing, you could do a pre-season order with PNT and they can set them aside for you.

All 3 locations of PNT have them in both round and finned...coated also.. :)

All 3 locations of PNT have them in both round and finned...coated also.. :)

not so hard to find after all....Tx

Thanks for the input guys. Will have some 15 and 20 lb round balls in the not to near future.

Who is going to have the 18# round?
if someone is making them send some to Highwater tackle or give him ur info , i will buy some.
thanks.

Back