17 double eagle pod question

Well done!

Until last summer I had a sweet 16' fg boat that needed to fill several roles. My fishing days and my lake days.

For the sleeper seats:
My solution was to screw flat plates approx 1" x 3" x 1/4" into the floor. These plates each had a threaded hole in the center.
Then I mounted angle brackets inside the sleeper seat boxes. To install the sleeper seats for family lake days, it only took 4 bolts in each sleeper base and voila!

For the pedestal bases I got round base plates and installed them, one on each side of the floor. The pedestals screwed down to these with 6 bolts each.
When the pedestal bases were used, the 4 flat plates that the sleepers mounted to were almost unnoticeable - I was smart enough to have bevelled the edges ;-)

To go from one seat style to the other only took a few minutes. Ironically, the main arrangement we used ended up being a pedestal for the helm and a sleeper on the port side.
Sure opened up the dance floor.

This made overnighting on the boat quite easy. Simply go out with the pedestals, when done for the day, remove the pedestals and tuck them under the bow. You now have an almost flat floor that is made comfy with a thermarest.

Hope this makes sense?

Tips up, they are temptress seats all of them. The fronts are mid back hight captains and the rears are removable fish on style. They are both on there web site. That bracket in the motor well I bent up out of aluminum and it just hangs on the well and holds my beer I mean pop cooler nicely in there out of the way.

She might be going up for sale after this season as I think I want a little more room for the kids. It has a new ez loader and a 6ft hight top with a Slope back as well. MIGHT BE lol

Was that hull that clean when u got it or did u re gel coat or paint it? So many of the DE's I look at have been bottom painted and I'm not a fan.

She might be going up for sale after this season as I think I want a little more room for the kids. It has a new ez loader and a 6ft hight top with a Slope back as well. MIGHT BE lol

Are you still looking at the Silver one?

no it was garage kept its whole life, all i did was give it a good detail and polish. I wish reb but it will be out of my price range. gonna look for another DE in a 20ish and pod it if i go down that road. I dont think ill fined another this clean tho thats way its hard to let her go.

Ya I like the bright yellow topsides on your DE. I think that era they came in blue, orange, yellow and green. Great looking boat!

Back