TrollMaster Kicker remote control

Enniberg

I am pretty close to deciding on purchasing a new kicker - based on feedback to my earlier thread regarding which kicker, it basically came down to Suzuki or Tohatsu -the only ones offering EFI at this time.

I am hearing a lot of good things about TrollMaster for remote controlling and am now wondering if anyone here knows if TrollMaster will work with Suzuki or Tohatsu.

I am also trying to figure out which version of the motor is best suited for TrollMaster - tiller version, or remote controlled version? Seems to me that IF the tiller version is suited for TrollMaster, then that might be the best way to go since the tiller offers the added option of steering/controlling the motor manually, if the remote was to fail?

Last edited:
I have had the TorllMaster Pro II for quite a few years and it was one of the best add on's to my boat. It works great.

Mercury Pro kicker 15 hp is fuel injected as well. Might be an option for you.

Oly

Mercury Pro kicker 15 hp is fuel injected as well. Might be an option for you.

Oly

Not too keen on the Merc......although I suppose it is a rebadged Tohatsu :)

Suzuki does not sell a extra long shaft with a tiller and according to their website, there is no ProTroll for the Tohatsu EFI yet.
Itroll looks interesting, but I do like the idea that the ProTroll can combine with Panther electric steering...........

Last edited:
You might want to call iTroll and ask. They advertise that it is steering unit ready and the controller comes with left and right buttons. I have been very happy with mine although I just use EZ steer not panther or TR1

You might want to call iTroll and ask. They advertise that it is steering unit ready and the controller comes with left and right buttons. I have been very happy with mine although I just use EZ steer not panther or TR1

Thanks! I called iTroll, they say that the steering that works best with their product is Python by Powrtran. I have had Powrtran steering on my kicker in the past, but it lasted only one season before it failed due to corrosion. According to Powrtran, they have upgraded their product so that it is now salt resistant - hope that proves to be true.

Installed a TrollMaster this spring. On my 9.9 Yamaha. I have the older model. Newer one looks easier to install, and maybe a bit more positive on the control. Not that the older style is lacking.
Only four trips so far, but I love it. So easy to change power settings a fraction at a time. Hook a big fish & hit the idle button for the fight. Touch the button again & you're back to the same trolling rpm.
For the price, it's the best mod so far.
The Itroll looks really good, but twice the price after shipping.

Last edited:
Suzuki hands down, no comparison sorry. The trollmaster's have different kits for different models and there is one that works with the 9.9 tiller and remote model. I installed the trollmaster pro3 plus on my 20 zuk which is the same kit as for the 9.9. Works good and wireless remote to boot. It depends how you are going to steer your kicker but I would probably go tiller to save some money up front and installing the remote.

Back