Rubber floor matting

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by Brian Reiber, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Brian Reiber

Brian Reiber Active Member

Does anyone know where I can get 1/2" thick rubber matting in a 6' wide roll. Looking for something cushioning and non slip for our decks.

2. black dog

black dog Member

Sounds like barn mats would work, try calling a feed or tack store.

3. Brian Reiber

Great thought. Thanks

4. Original

Original Active Member

Was looking for similar but weight of solid Matt concerned me. Here's an option from Home Depot

Attached Files:

5. CIVANO

CIVANO Well-Known Member

My friend had the Home Depot product in his Arima and the floor is always filthy with the holes and blood and scales.

One site said 4 pounds per square foot for solid

6. blindmonkey

blindmonkey Active Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  7. Brian Reiber

We bought the stuff from Home Depot. It was reasonably priced and it feels good under foot but we aren't happy with the install trying to cut around fish holds, etc. I'd like a product that will fit the entire beam of the boat and then just trim out for openings. I'm not overly concerned about weight (within reason). I figure a little extra weight will just make the DE ride that much better.

8. Hookin'up

Hookin'up Well-Known Member

Try North west Rubber in Abbotsford, they make it all from bed mats to barn mats and everything in between

9. Trophy

Trophy Active Member

Brian Reiber likes this.
  10. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

I had that stuff as well, nice to stand on but horrible for trapping dirt and slime.

Brian Reiber likes this.
  11. easydoesit

easydoesit Member

I have a few 3x3 pieces available free to the first taker. I'm located in Tsawwassen. PM me regarding pickup.

12. profisher

profisher Well-Known Member

I only use small pieces of the perforated stuff to act as a cushion for my pancake leads to sit on and another piece for my net handles to sit on instead of the deck. They are bad for trapping dirt and blood. I wouldn't have solid for two reasons, weight and the floor will never dry out. Ok on aluminum but not glass with wood core.

13. the fog ducker

the fog ducker Well-Known Member

princess auto use to
    dont use hole type , stanky mess !!

fd

Brian Reiber likes this.
  14. Fishtofino

Fishtofino Well-Known Member

I'll bet his boat looked like a scary fish murderer!!! ;)

15. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

Stall mats. Try local equestrian supplier or even an industrial belt supplier. As in conveyor belt.

16. vanisland

vanisland Member

Go to cap it or another truck accessory shop and they will have 4x8 and 4x6 truck bed mats, solid rubber and non skid. Cut to fit deck and done.

17. profisher

profisher Well-Known Member

Industrial Plastics have the thick solid rubber mats too. They are usually not a cheap store to buy from though.

18. Brian Reiber

Yes, the plastic shop sure isn't cheap.

19. casper5280

casper5280 Well-Known Member

And the service in the Victoria store is the worst

20. sly_karma

sly_karma Well-Known Member

Home Hardware building centres have rubber gym mats, they're 3/8" (10 mm) thick and solid, no perforations. $10 for a 3'x 3' mat.