my boat was underwater at Cheannuh marina :(

macameron

the 90 hp Johnson 1986 model was almost completely underwater, the 2004 yamaha 8 hp about 2 thirds under.
battery died and the bilge pump stopped working. The boat (Hourston 17) was tied to the dock so it did not sink.

I wish I had just replaced the battery (even though it was working fine), since the battery was purchased in 2004.
dumb dumb dumb.

anyhow, the mechanic got the yamaha and Johnson going again after being submerged.

even for an old boat like mine, it's almost like it would be good to have 2 batteries and 2 bilge pumps ?

Edit..... should have fully understood your post before posting.....
Sorry to hear. Good to hear he got them running.
2 batteries is a good Idea and my boats always have the pair.

I give you the record though...... 9 years and one month to make your first post
2.gif

Is that for real? Was this site around on '01? I was too busy partying at the time to notice

Last edited by a moderator:
the 90 hp Johnson 1986 model was almost completely underwater, the 2004 yamaha 8 hp about 2 thirds under.
battery died and the bilge pump stopped working. The boat (Hourston 17) was tied to the dock so it did not sink.

I wish I had just replaced the battery (even though it was working fine), since the battery was purchased in 2004.
dumb dumb dumb.

anyhow, the mechanic got the yamaha and Johnson going again after being submerged.

even for an old boat like mine, it's almost like it would be good to have 2 batteries and 2 bilge pumps ?

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Boat-Towing-and-boat-raising_13937797

beemer

I wish you well-- but it might be time to trade in the submarine engine. I had a 70HP Johnston vandalized in the Kitimat river. The creeps pulled the plug and let the stern of the jet sled sink (fresh water). I immediately got the cylinders filled with oil and took it to the mechanic who got it running again. But the water had damaged the electrical system. The motor was unreliable from then on.... nothing quite like an engine flame-out when you are navigating between log jams. My advice-- get rid of it.

On the contrary, My old man had an early 90's 50hp yamaha for years that was extremely reliable which turned out to be a previously submarine engine. We had no idea but I was just recently chatting with the previous owner and he confirmed that it was previously under salt water before my Dad owned it.

You would think someone would see your boat sitting low in the water and your motor going under and call you ?? I used to like cheanuh, but i am glad i am out of there.

Back