Thoughts on this campion

Question. Do the C numbers in picture two not indicate that it was a charter boat?
C numbers indicate Commercial - so yes most likely a charter boat.

A 2003 hull, with a 2009 repower with 1345 on the repower. I wonder how many were on the original motor. You could be looking at a boat with a few thousand hours used in a demanding environment of charter.

You'll want to get the full story to make sure you really understand what you're looking at. If you still like it after seeing it, get a proper marine survey and your mechanical inspections done. A marine survey won't be too expensive on a 24' boat but they'll catch the fibreglass potential issues and potential water ingress / moisture issues that others have mentioned.

Also that aftermarket hard top looks quite different. A google search for 2003 Campion 682, images shows a very different look for the glass. Up to you which one you prefer, and up to you to decide if that aftermarket top helps or hurts resale value.

1633532535485.png

Last edited:
Yes it does. Also this boat was for sale not long ago did it sell or just back up for sale.
I dont think it sold, good eye on the c numbers. I don't see any windshield wipers and the wiring for the forward lights looks a little goofy

Maybe I'm totally out to lunch here but I was told that it's not the wood itself but the process of vacuum molding? (Or something) the glass to the stringers that makes all the difference in their longevity. Apparently it became more common in the early 90s.
I dont think it sold, good eye on the c numbers. I don't see any windshield wipers and the wiring for the forward lights looks a little goofy
It is odd that there are no wipers, I’m guessing with that aftermarket hardtop and windshield set up that the factory wiper motets and arms would have been to short to actually work.I like that aftermarket hardtop though, the factory one on mine creates a few leak points that I’ve constantly had to chaulk over the years.Having this same boat I couldn’t see anyone running fishing charters out of a 682 as the dance flow is really not that big.Is this boat on the Island?

Looks decent on the exterior, make sure you have one hell of a look at the bilge and transom, I'm always suspect of a boat that isn't nearly as clean inside as it is out, makes me wonder how the mechanicals have been maintained. Otherwise looks like a great platform, good luck.
Agree with comments on checking out the bilge. I fished 30-40 hours in a 25 foot Campion this summer And noted a couple of things. The Campion I was on did not have a self bailing deck as you find on most offshore designs, so when we took a wave over the stern we had 4-5 inches of water on deck until it drained into the bilge and then got pumped out, glad we only took one wave. If you bleed or clean fish on the deck, the mess winds up in the bilge, it can be a real mess to clean out, (as it was for a buddy) or can clog your bilge pump.

There is not much flare in the hull on the bow As illustrated in the pictures. This affects your ride, particularly if you’re running in waves of any size. We took a pounding in 6” chop. Just my experience. A test drive, as mentioned, will tell you if it works for you.

Hope this is useful, and I don’t get flamed too badly.

I gotta say there’s something fishy about that boat (pun intended). Just a glance sends off some red flags (possible ex commercial, high hrs on engine, aftermarket hardtop etc). I would not pay close to $70k as I think there is some $$ need to be spent to fix some things and update the electronics. That stuff adds up very quickly..

Agree with comments on checking out the bilge. I fished 30-40 hours in a 25 foot Campion this summer And noted a couple of things. The Campion I was on did not have a self bailing deck as you find on most offshore designs, so when we took a wave over the stern we had 4-5 inches of water on deck until it drained into the bilge and then got pumped out, glad we only took one wave. If you bleed or clean fish on the deck, the mess winds up in the bilge, it can be a real mess to clean out, (as it was for a buddy) or can clog your bilge pump.

There is not much flare in the hull on the bow As illustrated in the pictures. This affects your ride, particularly if you’re running in waves of any size. We took a pounding in 6” chop. Just my experience. A test drive, as mentioned, will tell you if it works for you.

Hope this is useful, and I don’t get flamed too badly.
Yes thanks for the info,this model shows self bailing decks. What year and model where u on?

Kinda wish it would for that price and year but want something Alitalia bit more protected from the elements for the kiddos. Hull look a little shallow?
It has the cuddy though. Where do you plan on using it? This is is much cheaper and newer than the similar 2017 in Campbell River.

Hey guys,

I’ve been lucky enough to fish on this rig on several occasions, it’s super clean and a proven fish producer. Electrical is top notch and the motors run well, it’s a solid setup.

I know the boat and YES its a ex guide boat and he definalty doesnt run the **** out of anything it was a sooke boat for only a few years so not to worry about that he built the top for it,

Kinda wish it would for that price and year but want something Alitalia bit more protected from the elements for the kiddos. Hull look a little shallow?
Seems like a heck of a deal. That’s about the price of a similar used 542 with a 150 on it.

Back