Thoughts on this campion

Fishtank

Low hours on engine; 40 hours per season - flushed after every use • Factory Pod • Well-built custom hard top • Professional gelcoat maintenance and repair 2018 (clean and well maintained) • New bottom paint 2020 • Upholstery in excellent condition • Everything works • Trailer just serviced

Dimensions (approximate): • 24’ length (plus pod) • 8' 6" Beam • 3' 6" Draft • Clear Deck Space: o 52" from Rear seats to Stern Wall o 81" from Port to Starboard Gunnels

Motors (Both motors serviced annually, oils, filters, etc. Impellers replaced in 2019): • 2009 Suzuki DF300 1345 hours o Hydro foil, makes the boat jump out of the water quick • 2008 Yamaha T9.9 electric start/tilt o Fuel pump replaced in 2018 o Prop guard installed in 2020

Additional Features: • New rear steering helm • Self-bailing deck • 2 large fish boxes (with pump out on switch) • Wash down pump • Lowrance HDS5 chart plotter and Sounder with Navionics chip • VHF Radio • Stereo and 4 speakers • Ice box(fridge), alcohol stove, sink, onboard toilet • Newer zincs • 2 bilge pumps • Batteries, electrical, fuse panels, battery switch, etc at transom redone 2020 • Boat polished annually • Handrails reset 2020

Trailer: • 2004 Galvanized Load-rite Double Axle • Hydraulic over electric brakes installed 2018, new bearings installed in 2020 • All new lighting and wiring • New tires 2020

Attachments

• Resized_s-l640-3.jpeg
    Resized_s-l640-3.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 248
  • Resized_s-l640-2.jpeg
    Resized_s-l640-2.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4530.jpg
    IMG_4530.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 247
More

Attachments

• IMG_4531(1).jpg
    IMG_4531(1).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4527.jpg
    IMG_4527.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_4529.jpg
    IMG_4529.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_4528.jpg
    IMG_4528.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 183
Going to go have a look at it on Friday in person never stepped foot on a campion explorer before, looking for some thoughts and opinions, like build quality and ride and also what you would think a fair price would be? Thanks

It’s a sweet looking boat! Factory pod, beamy, hard top. Correct power to length ratio. Looks clean!

One strange thing to me is that It says “low hours 40 per season” and it’s 12 years old,so math major Stizzy here thinks it would be under 500 hours, but then it says 1345 hours. That’s not quite adding up.

It’s a sweet looking boat! Factory pod, beamy, hard top. Correct power to length ratio. Looks clean!

One strange thing to me is that It says “low hours 40 per season” and it’s 12 years old,so math major Stizzy here thinks it would be under 500 hours, but then it says 1345 hours. That’s not quite adding up.
*Major SIZZLER

Looks decent on the exterior, make sure you have one hell of a look at the bilge and transom, I'm always suspect of a boat that isn't nearly as clean inside as it is out, makes me wonder how the mechanicals have been maintained. Otherwise looks like a great platform, good luck.

Someone’s been hanging out with King Covid a lot lately?!
I’m kidding Sizzler is pretty awesome
Haha, consider yourself lucky, my new nickname isn't nearly as cool.
Sorry Fishtank, now back to the thread, the boat looks pretty sick, love the hardtop and the optional backbench layout. It's pretty well setup from what I can tell, my only question would be that of stizzlas, I would just ask him, could be that he didn't but the motor new and he is only commenting on his use?

Maybe he's only put 40hrs on it per season since he's owned it? But ya don't understand the low hour statement. Bilge does look a little dirty. Curious to see the "custom"hard top up close. Nice that the electrical has been upgraded and I like the rear steering station. What do you think a good price would be?

I want to say $60,000 but that's a wags...was this an IO conversion? Sort of looks that way, I'd have a really good look under that fuel tank, and in it as well.

I want to say $60,000 but that's a wags...was this an IO conversion? Sort of looks that way, I'd have a really good look under that fuel tank, and in it as well

I want to say $60,000 but that's a wags...was this an IO conversion? Sort of looks that way, I'd have a really good look under that fuel tank, and in it as well.
Not sure if it was a conversion, ill ask but what am I look for under the tank? Gunk or cracks or just **** that don't look right?

Low hours on engine; 40 hours per season - flushed after every use • Factory Pod • Well-built custom hard top • Professional gelcoat maintenance and repair 2018 (clean and well maintained) • New bottom paint 2020 • Upholstery in excellent condition • Everything works • Trailer just serviced

Dimensions (approximate): • 24’ length (plus pod) • 8' 6" Beam • 3' 6" Draft • Clear Deck Space: o 52" from Rear seats to Stern Wall o 81" from Port to Starboard Gunnels

Motors (Both motors serviced annually, oils, filters, etc. Impellers replaced in 2019): • 2009 Suzuki DF300 1345 hours o Hydro foil, makes the boat jump out of the water quick • 2008 Yamaha T9.9 electric start/tilt o Fuel pump replaced in 2018 o Prop guard installed in 2020

Additional Features: • New rear steering helm • Self-bailing deck • 2 large fish boxes (with pump out on switch) • Wash down pump • Lowrance HDS5 chart plotter and Sounder with Navionics chip • VHF Radio • Stereo and 4 speakers • Ice box(fridge), alcohol stove, sink, onboard toilet • Newer zincs • 2 bilge pumps • Batteries, electrical, fuse panels, battery switch, etc at transom redone 2020 • Boat polished annually • Handrails reset 2020

Trailer: • 2004 Galvanized Load-rite Double Axle • Hydraulic over electric brakes installed 2018, new bearings installed in 2020 • All new lighting and wiring • New tires 2020
Hey, I have a 2004 Campion 682 . They are decent boats , mid range quality on the build, they do ride nice . FYI that’s a factory Bracket (pod) Campion had been making this exact layout since around 2003 and it virtually the same layout on the 2021 model.That hardtop isn’t factory, but from the pictures looks like an upgrade to the factory one. You will be able to view almost all the stringers from the many access hatches . $60K sounds like it’s in the ballpark .It’s also a good fishing platform , good space, 4 fish lockers with pump outs .

Hey, I have a 2004 Campion 682 . They are decent boats , mid range quality on the build, they do ride nice . FYI that’s a factory Bracket (pod) Campion had been making this exact layout since around 2003 and it virtually the same layout on the 2021 model.That hardtop isn’t factory, but from the pictures looks like an upgrade to the factory one. You will be able to view almost all the stringers from the many access hatches . $60K sounds like it’s in the ballpark .It’s also a good fishing platform , good space, 4 fish lockers with pump outs .
Is there wood in the transom and stringers? it's a 2003 model, thanks

I'm just paranoid about scratchy looking tanks, have a very good look at that one, and think forward to how much blood would drop if you had to swap it out aka cut the decks, etc.

Maybe I'm totally out to lunch here but I was told that it's not the wood itself but the process of vacuum molding? (Or something) the glass to the stringers that makes all the difference in their longevity. Apparently it became more common in the early 90s.

I’d say with the work done to trailer, rear steering station and electrical, I’d be tempted to value it at 70k. Not sure about the longevity of that gen zuki 300 but if it’s a good one that can go to 3-4000 hours, combine with the kicker it could be a very good power combination, worth 50k alone new. The Lowrance Hds 5 is small and dated but you could pick up a used 8 or 10 inch and swap the card for a bit cheap upgrade. Not sure if the head has a macerator, holding tank but regardless with galley and head it makes the boat an overnighter/weekender, making broken island and desolation trips a go. Hull 40k, power 20k trailer 8k, anchor electronics accessories 2k. Only thing missing seems to be a drop curtain and any signs of fiberglass issues which might be hard to spot on a well maintained boost.

I’d bring 1k and written agreement subject to sea trial, mechanical inspection and survey and no repairs over 1k or new price/refund of 1k.

Back