Search results

1. Sea Ranger

Leader length for spoons

I was wondering what length of a leader one should use when running a spoon like this one. And would you run this spoon without a flasher? Oh, I better tell you I'm targeting Springs with this lure not Coho.
  2. Sea Ranger

Which is the best Spring Salmon rod?

I was out fishing last week with my 10 1/2 foot Fenwick Salmon rod. Was bringing a 15 lb spring to the boat, brought my rod tip up and went to pull the fish a bit closer to be netted when a mighty crack rang out and my rod broke into 3 pieces. I managed to get the fish in the boat and had a...
  3. Sea Ranger

St Marys Lake

Going over to Saltspring this weekend with a bunch of friends to fish for some trout and bass. I know the lake good and will have no problem picking up a fat rainbow or maybe even a cutty but where should I be fishing for bass at this time of year? Its not nesting time so I don't think top water...
  4. Sea Ranger

Awesome fish pictures

http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/sspopup.mg?AlbumID=1001578
  5. Sea Ranger

Where to find Cutthroat in Cowichan Lake

Every year we make a trip up to Cowichan lake to try and catch some cutthroat trout and in the past have caught lots but there are years where I come back empty handed. We normally troll plugs at the creek mouths but in other lake I seem to get cutthroat using worm and gang trolls. What kind of...
  6. Sea Ranger

Very simple very good smoked salmon recipe

My dad showed me this recipe 35 years ago.... Still the best!!! This recipe is for 20 to 30 lbs of salmon and using 4 lbs of salt and 4 lbs of sugar Fillet into approx. 3 inch wide pieces Rinse pieces in cold water Mix approx 1 lb of coarse salt with 1 lb of demerara brown sugar ( you will...
  7. Sea Ranger

Kicker choices

The old kicker motor has seen better days so its time for a new one. I'm thinking about buying a new 4 stroke yamaha 9.9 long shaft, electric start, high thrust but one of the dealers I talked to is trying to sell me a 9.9 that is not high thrust and the other dealer I talked to wants me to buy...
  8. Sea Ranger

Warning!!!

I can't believe I got caught out by this, be careful. I rarely send stuff out but this one is important. Read this warning carefully. I got caught. A ‘heads up’ for those men who may be regular Home Depot customers. This one caught me by surprise. Over the last month I became a victim...
  9. Sea Ranger

LED Trailer lights

A couple of years ago I bought a new set of LED trailer lights for my old boat and used them for less then a year then decided to sell my boat. I really liked the LED's, very bright. So I had a set of new trailer lights (not led's) and swapped the lights then sold the boat. I bought a boat new...
  10. Sea Ranger

Meet Heather LaCroix

This is Heather LaCroix. She fishes, she shoots, she looks like she could be a lot of fun. She also has quite the internet following and has over 100 videos on youtube. Check her out and see how they fish in Louisiana red neck style...
  11. Sea Ranger

I just won $1,000,000.00

Toyota has sent me an e-mail saying that I have just won $1,000,000.00. I kinda doubt it but hey it sounded good. Here is the E-mail: YOU HAVE WON THE TOYOTA MOTORS COMPANY LOTTO PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD DEPT TOYOTA AVENUE 65 EXCHANGE ROAD,ORTIGAS BUILDING TOKYO, JAPAN. We are pleased to...
  12. Sea Ranger

The Submarine

I don't think I would buy a bow open boat, not after watching this!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68AOltMu768&feature=related I've never seen a boat do this.... is it normal??? And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
  13. Sea Ranger

2 stroke question

When I bought my boat(new to me) I was told to punch it hard and quick when taking the boat onto a plane. I thought it was easier for the engine if you bring your rpms up slowly and go onto a plane slowly. My 2 stroke is a 90 hp. How hard do you punch it when going onto a plane? I was also...
  14. Sea Ranger

Portable boat shelter.

I've been thinking about buying a boat shelter, the problem is which one.... the only one I've found so far is the one from Canadian Tire 12x24 10 ft high. The door is only 8 feet high and I've been told that I will need to raise it up 2 feet as I need 9 foot 6 inches to get the boat in without...
  15. Sea Ranger

Boat for sale, Does this look like a good deal?

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/10848819 And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
  16. Sea Ranger

Halibut anchor rope

I am thinking about buying some anchor rope for hali fishing. I phoned around and I believe my choices are either to use 3/8 poly rope or 5/16 double braided nylon. The poly rope is only .13 cents per foot where the double braid nylon is .40 cents per foot. I was going to buy 400 feet of rope...
  17. Sea Ranger

Cannonballs interfering with new sounder

Purchased a new Humminbird 788ci and its a whole lot better then my old sounder however, When we were out fishing the sounder would pick up our cannonballs and think it was a fish.... ok thats not too bad.... turn down the sensitivity ... well I tried that and it was better but then the sounder...
  18. Sea Ranger

Sonar VS underwater video camera

I was wondering if anyone out there has sonar on their boat and how well they work. I have a chance to buy a new toy for my boat and I'm not sure if I would get more out of a sonar unit or an underwater video camera. I have done a lot of research about underwater video cameras and the best one...
  19. Sea Ranger

swimming eagle

An eagle with a fish but he can't fly. My brother was over at St Mary's lake and filmed this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfWcPqDQrl8 And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
  20. Sea Ranger

14ft K&C 30 HP Yamaha

I bought another boat so I have to sell this one. It is a 1987 K&C with a year 2000 30 HP Yamaha oil injected 2 stroke with low hours. I did a lot of work to this boat not knowing I was going to sell it. It comes with: 6 HP Evinrude kicker Hummingbird depth sounder Compass Speedometer 2...
Back