Search results

1. C

tuna charter question

has anyone heard of Oregon Tuna Charters out of Garibaldi ? Had a friend use them and had a blast. Any other feedback would be great.
  2. C

BIG thanks to the Bluewolf !!

I had the great fortune to head north to Sooke last week for a couple of days with Roy. We were celebrating my dad's 70th, brothers 40th, and my sons 16th birthdays, and man what a trip full of lifelong memories. Day one every body got to reel something in, including the massive 20 lb chum that...
  3. C

buying licenses on-lin

Question I will be coming to fish in July with my dad, son and brother. When I buy our licenses online can I do them all with the profile I create for me. Or do I have to create a profile for all 4 of us separately? thanks in advance!!
  4. C

how long of a drive is it....

from the ferry terminal at the south end of the island to Port Hardy?
  5. C

Rivers Inlet reports

Has anyone heard any reports from there this year? Since the closure of 2 lodges I would have to think that fishing pressure is very low. I cannot afford to go with the lodges that are left, just wondering? My wife and I just really love the area. I know how most of you feel about Rivers and...
  6. C

Brad's super cut plug Herring lure

Has anyone tried this lure with any success? Has anyone tried it in any river systems behind a diver?
  7. C

Yukon moose hunting

I know, I know, it is a fishing site but I thought I would ask anyway. A couple of buddies and myself are thinking about doing a Yukon hunt. Anybody have any recomendations for outfitters for the chance at a big one. :D
  8. C

White Chinook vs. Red

Is it possible to tell the difference between the two just looking at them? Or is the only way to tell once you cut into them. We caught a white one last year and I did not think it had much flavor on the BBQ. But for smoking purposes I think the white is the best salmon I have ever had out...
  9. C

Flourocarbon vs. Monofilament

I am tying up some mooching leaders and am wondering if anyone has a preference between the two. I am thinking since flourocarbon is nearly invisible, and thinner I could use a heavier leader. But it does not stretch and I do not know if it would break easier when you have a fish at the side...
  10. C

BC Salmon run in 08

Hi all. I have not been in for a while. It is great to see the banter back and forth has not slowed, that is what makes this forum my favorite. Last year my wife and I fished Rivers Inlet, what a great place to fish. Of course I was schooled by my wife as usual, I caught a couple of mid 30s...
  11. C

rivers inlet bc

anyone have any experience here, good or bad. Howabout any local secrets
Back