how long of a drive is it....

By south end of the Island I'm assuming that you mean the Swartz Bay terminal. Holmes is pretty close. Maybe 6.5 hours.
Dave

Long long tedius drive. Hardy is 3long hours from CR and CR is 2+ to duke point. Factor lunch & pee breaks 6/7 hrs.

So I live in Hardy, born and raised, made the drive a thousand times. If you are coming from Nanaimo/Duke Point your looking at 4 hours from Horseshoe Bay, 4.5 from Duke Point. A quick pit stop in Campbell River for fuel and take care of business. Of course if you stop for lunch and things like that it will take you longer, if your looking for drive time that's what it takes. Coming from Vic add add 1.5. Fantastic drive, highway is great, tons of wildlife, not a bunch of traffic very relaxing drive, well worth the trip if you are looking for some fantastic scenery and check out an amazing part of the Island.

Feel free to send me an email if you would like more info.

Cheers!

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=P...GssZotg;FWEq7gIds5Gd-CENG3S9zw1vQg&mra=ls&z=8

It is a long drive, and remeber that most north islanders do drive a little bit faster than the rest of us. I believe that this is due to being away from the mainstream for a long period of time makes them drive fast to get back into the fray, and then after having made to the big smoke, they usually can't drive fast enough to get the hell out of there and stay at home for a long while, and the cycle starts over.:p

As BearCove said, a great drive, just watch out for wildlife, lots of deer around this year, plus elk and if you hit one of those, your not going to get very far.

If you give yourself 5 hours from Nanaimo, you will be in good shape.

And as for us NI drivers, we need to feel the rush of speed as our life is so laid back that, we need to feel the wind in our faces to see what the rest of the folks feel like.

Cheers

SS

Back