BC Salmon run in 08

Hi all. I have not been in for a while. It is great to see the banter back and forth has not slowed, that is what makes this forum my favorite. Last year my wife and I fished Rivers Inlet, what a great place to fish. Of course I was schooled by my wife as usual, I caught a couple of mid 30s. I was outdone by her 57 lber. I think we are going to come back to your great country this summer again. Salmon fishing in Idaho has become a joke, between the seals, and the dams fishing is tough. Does anyone have any info on what kind of year it is going to be?

Not sure about that slab...the victoria paper 'guru' said there will be huge returns coming for the Oregon rivers, which will mean the west outer coast (swiftsure and the banks to the north) should be hopping this year. Not sure how that will apply north of the island though...

I wouldn't agree with the dismal outlook. There are still opportunities if you look at different areas and timing.

Late Summer is supposed to be pretty solid offshore WCVI.

Jay

Sorry to confuse about the seals. No they do not come all the way up here. But they sit by the thousands below Bonneville dam and gorge on our fish by the thousands.

Back