Search results

1. F

OceanConnect - a new website for current and future ocean conditions

I find that this is a very useful tool Saves looking at multiple apps/sites
  2. F

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I don’t think so unless FN1270 got revised. The closure described in that affects 28-4 only amongst other areas I’m curious to know if anyone else has info
  3. F

Call Shane Dougall. (604) 886-6784
  4. F

Setting up Bauer prawn traps- poly rope?

Thank you. This is very helpful. Splicing braided poly to three strand lead seems tough. I will look for three strand poly and learn to splice You guys out there on the forum are great. Thanks
  5. F

Setting up Bauer prawn traps- poly rope?

What is an easy yet effective way to connect the poly to the lead core line
  6. F

Might Be Looking For a Change

Bring her folks too
  7. F

Please tell us how you know they are anchovies
  8. F

Will 130Hp be enough?

Consider the maximum power rating for the boat as well, as this is a potential insurance issue
  9. F

Bauer Prawn trap question

Can’t the prawns just leave the same way they came in. I often see them swimming out when I’m hauling and the traps are near the boat.
  10. F

Rod storage ideas in cuddy

I installed these into the cuddy of my 22’ Pursuit, I like the adjustability, and didn’t want holes in my boat. I stitched them onto the headliner and they have been solid for five years...
  11. F

freezing garlic

We grow a ton of garlic as well, but we get a fair bit of spoilage over the winter despite best efforts Now we blanch the cloves, remove the skin, mince in a food processor, dehydrate, then back into the food processor. Fair bit of effort but the dried garlic is excellent and lasts forever
  12. F

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

That’s correct. Apologies
  13. F

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

There is a sub area sliver of area 29-1 in front of chaster creek that allows retention of wild coho. Very very shallow and tough to fish from a boat. IMO it’s about access for shore fisherpeople
  14. F

Fishing Boundries on GPS?

I can’t confidently answer your question about the mfd displaying navionics map data. But it probably does. As for the map subscription, I purchased it years ago and the map data is still usable. Not as up to data as an annual renewal of course
  15. F

Fishing Boundries on GPS?

I copied the DFO FISHING area descriptions for 28 & 29 ( that’s mostly where I fish) and RCA lat/long coordinates into excel. Massaged them to get consistent looking data but ultimately uploaded the file into gpsvisualizer to see what it looked like. Did this a few times to tweak the data. Final...
  16. F

Braided Mainline Recommendations

That’s what I use (30 pound) when I decide to cast from shore. Makes you look like a Marvel Superhero
  17. F

is 3.8 gpm with 40 psi enough for a saltwater wash down pump?

Does anyone have experience or comments on this unit. It would be a lot easier and cheaper than converting my bait well pump to wash down SEAFLO 41-Series Portable Washdown Pump Kit
  18. F

DOWNRIGGER WEIGHT RETRIEVER

Damn. So much for patenting my invention
  19. F

Kyuquot lodges

My fishing buddy just booked his fourth trip back to Rugged Point Lodge. He wont fish anywhere else.
Back