is 3.8 gpm with 40 psi enough for a saltwater wash down pump?

Fasty

Mine quit. Its so corroded on the exterior, i can't tell what specs it provided. I have access to a unit with the specs above that i can pick up for $150 or i have to go spend money.. seems like i have to buy the entire kit for $350 +.

I don't need to go overkill but i dont want it to be useless. Of course 70 psi and 6 gpm would be great but it costs money. i just want to spray blood (or spilt beer and tears if there is no blood). Any relevant experience appreciated.

Mine is 5 gpm and was around $100 on Amazon. Do not buy the Amarine junk, though.

Mine quit. Its so corroded on the exterior, i can't tell what specs it provided. I have access to a unit with the specs above that i can pick up for $150 or i have to go spend money.. seems like i have to buy the entire kit for $350 +.

I don't need to go overkill but i dont want it to be useless. Of course 70 psi and 6 gpm would be great but it costs money. i just want to spray blood (or spilt beer and tears if there is no blood). Any relevant experience appreciated.
5gallon pale 5$ at Home Depot, faster and more volume per minute, I have a fancy wash down pump and find myself using the bucket more then the pump

Either buy a pale or buy a proper one. 5gal/min/

for heavy blood and slime, a 3 gal bucket works great. If you’re going to pay for a pump, don’t pay for one you won’t use because it sucks.

Been there done that.
I used to think all wash down pumps sucked until I used a hotshot 6. That sucker will pull anything off of diamond non skid.

You do need to keep in mind that at 19 amps draw and 60PSI/6 gal a minute, it will not bolt onto your old plumbing and wiring. You will need 10 gauge wire and thicker plumbing if your hose attaches to a through feck

Either buy a pale or buy a proper one. 5gal/min/

for heavy blood and slime, a 3 gal bucket works great. If you’re going to pay for a pump, don’t pay for one you won’t use because it sucks.

Been there done that.
I used to think all wash down pumps sucked until I used a hotshot 6. That sucker will pull anything off of diamond non skid.

You do need to keep in mind that at 19 amps draw and 60PSI/6 gal a minute, it will not bolt onto your old plumbing and wiring. You will need 10 gauge wire and thicker plumbing if your hose attaches to a through feck
Where did you get yours? Price?

Where did you get yours? Price?
We got it through Trotac. They’ve been awesome to deal with. Honestly can’t remember the exact price seeing as we’ve poured about 60k into this boat, all at various different discounts, but it was under 500 for the Kit.

Have the same one as above. Great pressure only thing is the inlet was on the other side than the old one. New line fittings is great for hose.

I was going to mount it under the gunnel/downriggers and have the inlet come out the transom (top has no wood just glass). This way if it goes bad would be way easier to change. Put mine in the bilge

I put a 4gpm (same as above) in and i wish I got the 5.it was to replace a 5gpm that never worked when I got the boat, I ended up fixing it so I’ll be swapping them again once I tackle the other 40 things that require more attention. The 4 is fine but that upgrade did make the list

5gallon pale 5$ at Home Depot, faster and more volume per minute, I have a fancy wash down pump and find myself using the bucket more then the pump

Wash down pumps are great, and buckets are a must have also..my bucket is the collapsible type, 7$ at dollar store couple yrs ago

perhaps true, but isn’t one of the first things you should do if a fire starts is kill the battery switch? A boat I used to fish on, the owner gave a drill and said to do this. Anyone else?

Does anyone have experience or comments on this unit. It would be a lot easier and cheaper than converting my bait well pump to wash down

SEAFLO 41-Series Portable Washdown Pump Kit

I would think if I had a fire happen on my boat it would be electrical or fuel, battery switch would stop most electrical fires and turn off wash down pump, fuel might be a bad idea to spray with the hose.

I would think if I had a fire happen on my boat it would be electrical or fuel, battery switch would stop most electrical fires and turn off wash down pump, fuel might be a bad idea to spray with the hose.
Fire extinguisher lol

Back