Kyuquot lodges

kermit

Hi there. I am planning a trip to kyuquot next summer (2022) and would like opinions from those who have stayed there as to the best lodge to stay at and why. Thanks in advance.

Check with Murphy’s, but I doubt they have any spots. Or Matt Giguge with Rugged Point Lodge. Those would be my choices. Never stayed but judging by videos, they seem like top notch full service operations.

Stayed at Walters one year in the hostel and we had to share the place with place with a bunch of kayakers. Caretaker didn’t like us cooking dinner at 10pm. Won’t go back. Have also stayed at a cabin with the Kyuquot Inn and it was good. Basic but all we needed.

Hi there. I am planning a trip to kyuquot next summer (2022) and would like opinions from those who have stayed there as to the best lodge to stay at and why. Thanks in advance.
Are you bringing your own boat or looking at a charter outfit ? If your looking at a charter Murphy's is your best pick . If you're dragging your boat in there it's a commitment , but Slam Bang is pretty good ,food is exceptional .Slam Bang isn't really family friendly ...

My fishing buddy just booked his fourth trip back to Rugged Point Lodge. He wont fish anywhere else.

I've stayed at Rugged Point Lodge and would recommend them. Haven't stayed at the others so can't comment on them. I'll be going to Rugged Point again when the border situation gets back to normal.

Are you bringing your own boat or looking at a charter outfit ? If your looking at a charter Murphy's is your best pick . If you're dragging your boat in there it's a commitment , but Slam Bang is pretty good ,food is exceptional .Slam Bang isn't really family friendly ...
Yep. slam Bang if you like mice running across your face all night. never again

Check with Murphy’s, but I doubt they have any spots. Or Matt Giguge with Rugged Point Lodge. Those would be my choices. Never stayed but judging by videos, they seem like top notch full service operations.

Stayed at Walters one year in the hostel and we had to share the place with place with a bunch of kayakers. Caretaker didn’t like us cooking dinner at 10pm. Won’t go back. Have also stayed at a cabin with the Kyuquot Inn and it was good. Basic but all we needed.
I stayed at Murphy's Lodge about three years ago and it was pretty good. The trip we did was fully guided and the guides we fished with really knew how to put us on the fish.
Davis and Marilyn really run a great operation. The food and service was very good.
Their fish processing facility is top notch.
I ended up bringing back my limits in all species targeted including a 56lb Halibut.
One of the highlights was running out to Solander Island for some amazing Lingcod fishing.

Back