Search results

1. Wildhootchy

Location of Mooring Balls/Buoys in Barkley Sound

I need some help. I seem to remember that there were a couple of mooring balls/buoys somewhere between Harbour Entrance and Nettle Island, but I haven't been in that part of Barkley Sound in a while. Can anyone help me with the location of those buoys? Thank you!
  2. Wildhootchy

For sale - Navionics Gold Plus 13XG-2 SD card for B.C. & SE Alaska

Just came out of my Lowrance 37C unit. Works perfectly. Paid $200 when it was new, not sure what it is worth now. Make an offer. SOLD
  3. Wildhootchy

The Turd

I have read some posts that mention "the Turd" lure. Can anyone post a picture of that lure for me? I don't know what it looks like and haven't been able to find a picture of it. Thank you!
  4. Wildhootchy

Where to stay in Bamfield?

I'm going to be making a few trips to Bamfield this summer. I need a place for myself and 3 others to stay. I'm looking for suggestions. Not looking to spend a butt load of money. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
  5. Wildhootchy

Remedies for Rockfish stings?

Last year while fishing the surf line outside of Barkley (not in the forbidden zone) we caught some rockfish and yelloweye. I decided to fillet a few and have them for dinner. While cleaning a rockfish (that I assumed was dead) it suddenly flipped and a quill penetrated my finger. Needless to...
  6. Wildhootchy

Cariboo suggestions

I will be heading up to Quesnel for a week in mid-June. I have a car topper and would like to fish some of the smaller lakes around Quesnel/Horsefly. Does anyone have any suggestions for small lakes with quality fishing? Thanks!
  7. Wildhootchy

Krippled K vs. Katchmac

Asking all of you tackle experts. I have not compared the 2 side by side but the Krippled K and Luhr Jensen's Katchmac sure look a lot alike. Has anyone fished these 2 lures side by side and compared results?
  8. Wildhootchy

Prawns and Crab

My first trip to WCVI this season will be the last weekend of June and the first few days of July. In the past, I have always just fished. I've never dropped a pot of any sort. This year I would like to try dropping some Prawn and Crab pots to see if I can get enough to have a meal on the...
  9. Wildhootchy

Best Place to store a boat on the Island?

Every season I make 3 to 4 trips from the Mainland to fish WCVI. Each time I ferry my boat back and forth. The cost of doing this is becoming prohibitive, let alone a big hassle! I'm looking for suggestions on where I can store my boat safely and securely between trips. I would prefer to...
  10. Wildhootchy

Planning a trip for next summer...NEED HELP!

I've been fishing Barkley Sound every year for the last 13. I've always stayed in P.A. or Bamfield. This year I want to do something different. I would like to stay on my boat. I was wondering if anyone has the contact info. for the Port Alberni Yacht Club? Also, do you know if they will...
Back