Cariboo suggestions

Wildhootchy

I will be heading up to Quesnel for a week in mid-June. I have a car topper and would like to fish some of the smaller lakes around Quesnel/Horsefly. Does anyone have any suggestions for small lakes with quality fishing? Thanks!

Dragon Lake is a great lake. Launch at the Legion bay side and row across to the old tan cabin.......find 20 -22 ft of water, drop a black/red chironomid down 6 - 12 inches off the bottom and hang on!

There are some good sized fish in Dragon for sure. Chironomids are a good suggestion but my best personal experiences came from fishing big dragonfly nymphs on sinking lines. One very memorable day started out rather slow. After lots of casting, fly changes, line changes, and searching I tied on a very large rabbit strip with marabou leach pattern in black with a fast sink line. I either trolled it very quick or used a very fast and aggressive retrieve which resulted in a first cast big bow. Several followed and with the occasional break off which had me use some additional coulours in a red/black, browns, olives, maroons, and inexplicably a chartruese. The charteuese pattern resulted in my biggest fish to the boat that day.

Dragon

Thank you for the suggestions and the tip on what to use.
Anyone else care to add to this thread?
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some pictures of the area. First two are from Forest lake, second two are from Dragon. Note the cabin behind me in the pontoon boat.(good spot) And as someone else mentioned, if you get tired of chirony fishing, get the leeches and dragon fly nymphs out.

Picture 061.jpgPicture 053.jpgIMG_2673.jpgPicture 547.jpg

Haven't been on this site for a while. Thanks for your suggestions and the GREAT pictures! Can't wait to get up there.

Back