Where to stay in Bamfield?

Wildhootchy

I'm going to be making a few trips to Bamfield this summer. I need a place for myself and 3 others to stay. I'm looking for suggestions. Not looking to spend a butt load of money. Can anyone help me?
Thanks!

yes ,, the guys at seabeam are great,, and i can stop by for a beer and a mutual fishing report!!

Poett nook has bunk house rentals, sea beam is a neat spot there is a campground in bamfield, mills landing

Here's a list of the one's I have stayed at:

Mills Landing:Great units, nice owners, home of the infamous Osama Bin Hopper, very good government dock for moorage, nice property to hang at, good fire pit area,
connected to the boardwalk

Seabeam in Grappler Inlet, a little more rustic and affordable options, great staff, good private dock for moorage

Harbourside Lodge, good facility, real good guys for sharing info and chatting you up, they have gas and supplies and a little unusual accommodation options ( Costco Sheds) relatively good docks

Poett Nook, by boat aprox 10-15 minutes from Bamfield, very nice facility in terms of docks cleaning stations,gas,store etc, sometimes questionable customer service, Bunk house are very reasonable and clean as are the washroom/shower facilities etc. you can camp there, tents trailers etc

Woods End Cottages, some nice units, poor docks unless they have fixed them over the winter

One's I haven't stayed at,

McKay Bay lodge, Good reputation, nice facility they do provide meals as part of their service, allways friendly staff at the gas bar

Imperial Eagle lodge, not at all familiar but everything I 've heard is good

How about just tying up overnight or swinging from the hook there ? My 2600 Striper "Therapy" is big enough for me to stay on, the gov dock ?

Stayed at Mills Landing during the Tuna Shoot Out last year, already booked for the Sept. Great spot, fantastic docks, ice, fish processing if needed. great cabins. There was four of us and we just had a blast here.

Ive only stayed at mills. 4 times now. I cant imagine staying anywhere else for the reasons mentioned above. Gerry and Diane really go out of there way for you as well.

Thanks for the input so far! Are prices decent at all of these places? We were thinking about possibly sleeping 2 guys in the boat and 2 guys in a unit. Is this allowed at some of the places mentioned?
Thanks again!

I stay at Tyee Lodge every year. Nice place, great food, good dock and cleaning table. The ice maker is a bonus too. It's the first place on the right as you enter the harbour. Definitely go Seabeam if you want good bang for your buck.

I like places like Poett's if fishing the inside but if my plans are to fish outer areas and off shore I stay closer to Bamfield as its a fuel burner going to the back of the sound for accommodation. 20 minutes each way is 40 minutes of running each day. You don't want to burn more in fuel to save to save less on accommodation.

Don't get me wrong I like Poett's and have had a few bad experiences at Seabeam. But I'd still go to be willing to crash at either.

I like places like Poett's if fishing the inside but if my plans are to fish outer areas and off shore I stay closer to Bamfield as its a fuel burner going to the back of the sound for accommodation. 20 minutes each way is 40 minutes of running each day. You don't want to burn more in fuel to save to save less on accommodation.

Don't get me wrong I like Poett's and have had a few bad experiences at Seabeam. But I'd still go to be willing to crash at either.

Yup, I allways stay at seabeam. I like to fish the outside edge of the sound and try my hardest to be fishing at first light. Seabeam is close to the fishing grounds for me and the staff is awesome

Poets nook is awesome, people are friendly, comunity firepit,fuel,ice,tackle and you can sleep on your boat there too, 5 min putt to excellent fishing..

Have stayed at McKay Bay Lodge and it was great. Very reasonable, very friendly plus a fuel dock and more than willing to help with fishing advice.

Poets nook is awesome, people are friendly, comunity firepit,fuel,ice,tackle and you can sleep on your boat there too, 5 min putt to excellent fishing..

Poets nook has a great dock, I don't agree with their $4 charge per person to sleep on your own boat after you've all ready paid for your moorage

I couldn't find pictures or descriptions of the bunkhouse accommodations at Poett Nook. Can anyone describe them to me?
Thanks!

Back