Your favorite Spoons

156, 602 and 140 tubbies were my favourite plugs. Cop car, plus white or green a white hootchies.
Enjoy

Stosh

Or 5 1/4 inch anchovies
Bait is probably the most consistent, but some days, for some reason, spoons will by far out fish bait. There area those days, especially when there is a lot of shakers around that you can not be sure your even fishing with bait unless your constantly checking it.

I picked up a couple Peetz spoons at the Chandler yesterday. Haven't tried them but they look good.
Troll plug speeds with them, especially the brass version. 2.5 to 4.5 depending on tide movement. I generally run a plug and a CJ or other spoon and which ever goes off first switch into the same.

Silver Horde Gold Coho Killer. Never fished it before, and I won't fish it anywhere else. But for whatever reason, it absolutely slayed over there two years ago. My only time going.

Silver Horde Gold Coho Killer. Never fished it before, and I won't fish it anywhere else. But for whatever reason, it absolutely slayed over there two years ago. My only time going.
Agreed, that spoon has been mediocre for me around Vancouver, but hammered them in Barkley/Ukee. I think I had a speckled chartreuse one.

Troll plug speeds with them, especially the brass version. 2.5 to 4.5 depending on tide movement. I generally run a plug and a CJ or other spoon and which ever goes off first switch into the same.
Hmm, I’ve always just trolled @ 2knts or kept my d.r cables @ a 45, lines pick up or drop on turns. Only times I’ve slowed down was cut plugging. I have caught a lot of fish on the turns though.

I've got a bit of a home coming trip to Bamfield this July and its a return after more than 20 years away. I used to fish out of Poett when I was a kid so Barkley has a bit of nostalgia for me. I ve got a lot of the old tackle from the old red hot spot flashers, 5" Tom Mack spoons, and a few tomic plugs of old, but the hoochies are all welded together and the brown maxima leader line says it was 'made in West Germany'

Anyway I'd like to update the box a little for 2024 and I'm hoping to get some recommendations. The cop car and irish cream look like they'll get the nod, no bananas looks popular.. what am I missing?

The plan is to head out off shore as much as the weather will allow but I run an outboard jet so I expect to fish the wall to Whitlestone unless conditions are very good. I'll also be running riggers and a proper kicker.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say!
Last few years, July in Barkley has been small bait. Would bring WCFT Little Phat-Es or Wee Gs.

Back