World cup 2014!!!!

colombia-brasil-collage-960x410-04072014.jpg

Hali is on the grill; refajo & some of Wolf's deer pepperoni to set the mood...:)

Yep Brazil was trash; the referee was worst, not the prettiest exit for the Colombians. In the end I'm pleased with our lads; hopefully James gets the Golden Boot,his star will continue to shine...

yep brazil doomed now with injury so germany final..so netherlands vs germany final is possible.... I doubt argentina will beat netherlands...

2h6t0r5-1.gif

Germany four goals in Six minutes; 5 - 0 & it's not even half - time...talk about bad karma - brazil :D

Last edited by a moderator:
SEVEN.gif

Germany7 ​- 1 :D

Brazils new flag

VyoGKfm_zpsdf2f32db.jpg

"Deutschland Vor! Noch ein Tor!"

Here's to them crushing it in the finals.

200px-DFBEagle.svg.png

sports-535.gif

let's not forget about lil messi ;)

I was surprised that they made it this far. They barely got by Chili and Columbia.

The score of 7-1 was flattering. If Germany had have kept up the pressure it could easily have been much higher

Attachments

• Goal.jpg
    Goal.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 82
That was terrible Argentina won. Holland is a better team but they lack the goalkeeping... The shoot out killed them. Just look at netherlands goalkeeper was not comfortable at all and needed someone equivalent like VanderSar like they used to have. oh well. I question why both would teams play defensively and just make such a boring game to watch... And force a penalty shoot out.

Germany will destroy Argentina. Looks like a done deal .

screen%20shot%202014-07-07%20at%201.50.16%20pm.png

irony is the Dutch won their semi final by two saved penalty kicks; mind you they failed to put Krul in against the Args...:)

Germany will destroy Argentina. Looks like a done deal .

Who would of thought the Greeks,Ticos would make it as far as they did & the Brazilians would be shyte.

Nope it's never a done deal...:)

Today's game was definitely a disappointment compared with yesterday. The Argentinians did just about deserve to win based on the very few chances they had (5 on target compared with 3 for Holland). Holland were far too defensive and did not muster much in the way of attack at all. One chance for Robben and that was it. With guys like Messi and Aguero as penalty takers, Holland were not clever to go to penalties. They were never going to win that one!!

As for yesterday, as other have said the writing was on the wall. Only the width of the bar (last few minutes) and the width of the post (penalties) enabled Brazil to survive against Chile. They played the semi as though they expected to sweep forward in yellow waves and did not have to worry about defence. They forgot the Germans can (and did!) attack, usually with 3 or four players using their 5 in mid-field playing strategy, and had only two or three weak defenders back. As for their yellow waves of attack - the Germans can defend as well!! So that came to nothing. Made we laugh seeing David Luiz on his knees praying (presumably), fingers pointed heaven, when the whistle went. I think he was thanking the lord that Ozil missed that easy one at the end and so the score was not 8-1!!

Germany will no doubt win the final game, but it will be tight, since Argentina are not so naive and arrogant as the Brazilians.

The third/fourth place game will prabably be better and more exciting to watch than the final as neither team have much to play for....although Brazil are probably terrified of losing again....which they might.

(And BTW ALL the teams in the last four are waaaaay better than England. LOL:))

Back