Side effect of the west k fire

Clint r

So contacted Portside Marine insurance to get the ball rolling on insurance for our boat. After much back and forth and many pictures of the refit I get asked the physical address where the boat is located. I give my home address. Recieved a response “due to wildfires in your area we are unable to process an application until after fire season”. I’m 75km from Kelowna and it’s another 10km to west k where the fire is. So 85km away. On the other side it’s over an hour to, and across Shuswap lake before we’d be In a fire zone. Does this sound legit? Seems like a brush off to me.

I had the same thing happen to me the last time the fires rolled through here. I was looking for a years insurance but they couldn’t find anyone that would insure me for that length. They did find someone that would insure me for 6 months though. I went with them as I was heading to the coast for a few weeks. Just before the term ended, I contacted them again and they moved my policy to someone who would cover it for the whole year.

Back