World cup 2014!!!!

Faryd-Mondragon,the oldest World Cup footballer gets his chance to shine in the spotlight...:)
faryd-mondragon-record-mundial-afp-j-a-sanchez-640x280-25062014.jpg

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014...ndragon-colombia-oldest-player-2014-world-cup

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah not again Ronaldo....:eek: Portugal is out...Man they just sucked this year very surprising...... Rooting for Hellas (Greece) but I am not sure they will last...The malakas squeaked in with that penalty which honestly I don't how it was allowed....

Interesting though today is too see a great in soccer history coaching USA against the same team Germany that he lead to the world cup. Klinsmann is a legend...
young-e1403641266109.jpg

I found the US played today a lot like Germany new actually what to do.... So both now advance....
Its tough to say now who it will be ..... I would like to see Brazil vs Germany final from what I have seen...

The U.S just squeezed into the round of 16; some anxious moments for them, waiting for Ghana's results while trying to fend off Germany. Yes I saw the two German coaches greeting each other post game.

Good luck to Greece;they're going into uncharted territory.

ninos-seleccion-colombia-brasil-2014-980x420.jpg

Colombia is in the sweet sixteen; off to La Maracanazo...go get em cafeteros! :)

...a decent start for Chile;despite an own - goal they're tied 1- 1 with Brazil going into the first half...:)

Brazil barely squeaks out a win in penalty - kicks;Chile definitely left nothing on the table.

james-rodriguez-zu%C3%B1iga-aguilar-960x410-28062014-S.jpg

JAMES RODRIGUEZ...THE GOLDEN BOY!!!!

yep both games were nail biters;in the second game - James Rodriguez' goals were ringers,Ospina's goalkeeping sealed the deal for los cafeteros...:)

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1B813C157D1094768453019410432_267bdd12ac7.0.4.5472 553949064865828.mp4?versionId=9eH9mpk7eOn1sg7GBqXw avh7i5CiX9OP

Looking forward to tomorrows match. L'orange versus Mexico. Van Persies back!!!. Two fantastic teams...I love them both, too bad only one will advance.
Who's going the distance?? I gotta go with my heritage. Schweinstagger, Muller, Ozil, Lahm, Klose. Deutschland all the way!
The last and best of the European teams taking out the passionate/ amazing South American teams one by one.
............ I hope. :)

Had those Mexicans kept their game going they might have pulled it off today. They looked very good first half. But once they let the Oranjes smell a chance they couldn't stop that orange train coming at them anymore. A game is only over once the whistle blows. Holland outlasted better Mexicans today. But that's how it goes.

Hey chris sounds like you had a hoot; pretty exciting football & seeing it live to boot. I'm really enjoying this world cup; great skills, new & old stars are emerging from this cup.

Brazil really dodged a bullet yesterday; an own - goal is really the only goal they scored in regulation time...the Colombians showed they can score, it will be a whale of a game.

:)

CR vs Greece - not a great game for the eye but with the drama at the end it made up for the lack of skill. Still, kinda surprising that a team with so little skill set can get to a quarterfinal this time. You just never know!

Oh you just settle down your team Germany is having still a tough time with Algeria. Probably a win I see Germany just squeeked one in.... FYI Otto was still coach Greece would have gone farther... They went farther than Portugal that I can live with! Otto Rehhagel was the reason Greece won Euro in 2004. They haven't been the team since Otto left.

I agree SV, that was not a pretty game today. Kudos to those Algerians who put up a great battle and had the Germans rattled for quite a while. Not sure why the Europeans underperform this time. But makes it interesting for sure. Anything can happen.

Yeah, Otto was a great coach. But he had at least one or two strikers who can put the ball into the net. And he used them! Look at the Germans for instance, they have one of the best strikers there ever was on the bench and do you think they would play him even after the coach sees for 90 min that none of the hundreds of midfielders and dribblers on the pitch can put any meaningful pressure on the goal? Just stupid!

Sad day in France; the Germans are trough...1 - 0 final score.

Back