Want to buy a NEW boat. Please help!

Crawled around and through the NorthCoast 235 at the Seattle boat show for a couple of hours. It checks almost all of the boxes. Currently setting up a sea trial.

Looked at the new trophy walkarounds. Interesting boats but not my cup of tea. Really meant as a cruiser with optional fishing.

Also learned that you can set up a tiller kicker with a garmin reactor kicker 40 and it will control throttle as well as be an autopilot. Saves the hassle of having a binnacle at the helm.

Things are coming together!

hb
Great looking hull and reverse chines.

IMG_9388.jpeg

Sea trial done. Water was 2’ chop. Four adults on the boat. Yamaha 250 is LOTS on this boat! Surprisingly smooth for a 23’ with a 10° transom. 4 seats under cover with no step down and no door. Cuddy big enough for me to sleep in (6’2”). Can stand straight up at the helm without hitting. Lovely full glass pilot house (minus the back wall).

The north coast 235 is a very nice boat. Am currently working on pricing/delivery etc.

My pursuit 2870 will be on the market soon.

Happy to have found a winner!!!

Hb

Sea trial done. Water was 2’ chop. Four adults on the boat. Yamaha 250 is LOTS on this boat! Surprisingly smooth for a 23’ with a 10° transom. 4 seats under cover with no step down and no door. Cuddy big enough for me to sleep in (6’2”). Can stand straight up at the helm without hitting. Lovely full glass pilot house (minus the back wall).

The north coast 235 is a very nice boat. Am currently working on pricing/delivery etc.

Hb
Any pictures of the new rig?

Hb
Honestly my coaster has been through more **** than I can handle. The hull has such a wicked shape to it. Wicked boats. I'll never sell mine. Probly have to build a coffin for it too.

It also has built in spray rails coming off the reverse chines up into the bow. Literally reflects the spray. It's not a wet boat

You will fall in love with the windows.

Make sure you take a ride up to BC. I'd really like to see the new HT.

Hb
Preview of the 2870 for sale?!

Honestly my coaster has been through more **** than I can handle. The hull has such a wicked shape to it. Wicked boats. I'll never sell mine. Probly have to build a coffin for it too.

It also has built in spray rails coming off the reverse chines up into the bow. Literally reflects the spray. It's not a wet boat

You will fall in love with the windows.

Make sure you take a ride up to BC. I'd really like to see the new HT.
I go to Nootka every July. We’ll work something out!

Hb

Welcome to the club. Your the second member lol

Have had almost 6000 hours of run time all over the coast with it. This was the original hull before they built the hardtop. They have made some improvements and changes since then, on the hardtop portion and deck. However this one we had to reinvent, it's wicked.

Good inshore boat. The best. This one is a 2001 model. Their first run at the 23. My brother and I refitted the boat in my shop, for about a 6 month period before water testing. Was originally a v6 inboard with a Volvo DP. Then spent another couple years of on and off refit work to get it where we wanted. Now we toggle engines when they start showing wear and tear. Rebuild and send.

It's called the coaster

IMG_20240218_232545.jpg

@ship happens we will certainly have to meet up and have the boats meet each other!
We tow it behind now if we wanna fish it with the boys. Other than that it's great for taking out one or 2 guests.

Take her for a burn to the gulf islands for a day and let me know. Be awsome to checkout the new HT. I haven't actually seen one in person. Probly cost me alot of money I don't have that day lol

I've got well over 100 in her and she doesn't owe me anything. Wicked boats

I puled the trigger yesterday and signed a PSA.

Now to outfit the boat! Been a LOOOOONG time since I started form scratch. I like the process but have a question for all you smart folks out there:

Would you rather have 2 separate chartplotters(screens that do everything) or one larger one? The larger one takes up a bit less room at the helm, and is a bit cheaper in $/in^2. Does having a "backup" compensate for the added complexity of another device on the system?

Thanks!

Two so you can have different displays at the same time? Or two different places to view from? I like the latter - one at the helm and one closer to the stern steering station. I settled for using a tablet away from the main helm and linking them thru Bluetooth.

Two so you can have different displays at the same time? Or two different places to view from? I like the latter - one at the helm and one closer to the stern steering station. I settled for using a tablet away from the main helm and linking them thru Bluetooth.
No stern steering station.

The boat layout is a pilothouse with no back wall. All steering will be from the captains chair.

The large display (16") can have multiple sections at the same time so that it looks like 2-6 smaller screens.

@barkerfam The new dash layout is different than mine. Id say its improved from their original design. We ended up removing the dash and building a new one. I would definitely maximize your screen situation if it were me, however it really just depends on what your intended use will be.. This is your dash?

235-Helm.jpg

You could always go with an auto pilot with remote for stern steering while fishing and use a tablet out back for a clear view of your monitors when fishing from the cockpit.

Also I find that with my 23, i'm always on the trim tabs. That being said I would hate having the trim tab switches on the left side. Left hand on the wheel always and right hand for everything else. Calm days whatever but snarly days 100 percent

Last edited:
I puled the trigger yesterday and signed a PSA.

Now to outfit the boat! Been a LOOOOONG time since I started form scratch. I like the process but have a question for all you smart folks out there:

Would you rather have 2 separate chartplotters(screens that do everything) or one larger one? The larger one takes up a bit less room at the helm, and is a bit cheaper in $/in^2. Does having a "backup" compensate for the added complexity of another device on the system?

Thanks!
Congrats! Estimated delivery date....? Not to derail but have you looked at the Seekeeper Active Trim tabs? A member was out on a boat with them, could have been yours current boat, and loved them.

I prefer two screens. I run two transducers and need two screens to power them correctly. Added bonus I have redundancy, beyond screen failure, when a transducers gets busted off the mount from a guest getting off at a beach or a mystery log hits it. Overkill but I also move one to the stern for fishing.

Back