Vancouver Saltchuck?

Well Charlie pretty well said I would say , I think your reasoning is spot on and I certainly uphold your right to an opinion regardless of nationality.

Cheers

AL

When are you guys going to realize that the "magician" has a big wooden spoon and likes to stir the pot. This is another classic example, he has brought emotion into this decent thread when it was turning out to be what it was intended to be a "FISHING REPORT ONLY"

Dont swallow the bait. The guy is a chump. [:0]

quote:Originally posted by Moocher

When are you guys going to realize that the "magician" has a big wooden spoon and likes to stir the pot. This is another classic example, he has brought emotion into this decent thread when it was turning out to be what it was intended to be a "FISHING REPORT ONLY"

Dont swallow the bait. The guy is a chump. [:0]

Moocher, I'll take the bait. I just sent you a PM.

quote:Originally posted by Charlie

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

Why is this happening? Bruizer is sending in the heads and we have an American saying the fish are Fraser fish. I think F.M. may have a point here saying people are out to screw up our fishery. Yeah, D.F.O. will do a good job I'm sure. They'll shut us down so the snaggers on the river can have a few more fish. What a joke.
Yea, I am an American... So what... I hate to tell you this, but Canada is also in North America... so YOU are an American, too!
I didn't say they were Fraser fish... I said, "I am thinking early "Fraser", but could be from the Nooksack, Upper Sauk, and Suiattle as they have spring runs, but I think most of the whites usually come out of the Fraser fishery</u>?

And then I said, "When you get the info back, be interesting to see!"</u>

Are you so naive that you don’t think DFO or WDFW know where those fish are from or where they are headed… YOU may need a wakeup call! They have been tracking these fish for years!

You have a problem with that! PM me!
Charlie

Oh... PS...
If those are "American" fish DFO just might shut it down based on the "new" treaty, that the US spent Millions on to protect "our" fish that are on the endangered list! Be carefull what you wish for!

DSC01311-1-2.jpg

Oh Charlie...

Calm down there....DFO isn't going to shut down anything. Don't kid yourself, Canada and the US BOTH have predatory fishing tactics against non native stocks. Given the migrations of Salmon, I'd say that the balance of power rests with the US anyways.

Funny how this started out as a request for fishing info / report on the local Vancouver / Howe Sound area. It's now become an International Incedent !! Start a new thread.

I'll be out Sunday catching American fish, they seem to take the bait. :D

Does anyone actually have a report from this weekend?....or is it all Salmon wars???

Must be playoff hockey is rubbing off on a few forum members....got like it, FM or Charlie, they ain't afraid of going into the corners or dropping the gloves...or the rods as we like to say on the fish forum. Don Cherry kind of boys...not like those European fisherman who don't want get the rod dirty.

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

Must be playoff hockey is rubbing off on a few forum members....got like it, FM or Charlie, they ain't afraid of going into the corners or dropping the gloves...or the rods as we like to say on the fish forum. Don Cherry kind of boys...not like those European fisherman who don't want get the rod dirty.

Ya it takes real balls to spout off from behind your computer screen. [xx(]
Hit 'em with your purse is more like it. [:X]

Let go of the reel

22lb. between Cowan and the Q.A. Saw about 5 taken, heard a few more on the radio. Water was good and lots of seals around. Other than a shaker we only had the one hit. Counted 34 boats. I'm not sure but I believe the fish is Mexican. [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

22lb. between Cowan and the Q.A. Saw about 5 taken, heard a few more on the radio. Water was good and lots of seals around. Other than a shaker we only had the one hit. Counted 34 boats. I'm not sure but I believe the fish is Mexican. [}:)]

:D

Too Funny. It was tough going today, I ran four rods with bait only and once again it was the rod with the chartruse flasher that got the fish. I just cleaned the fish( male) and its belly was stuffed with tiny shrimp. The other day when we had the hot action those fish had small fish in their stomachs.If I was a better fisherman this might mean something to me. [:I]

Good work on the fish Brisco. That's nice size for this time of year. We'll see more that size as Squamish River fish start to arrive in the area.

That's not the first fish I've heard of recently with shrimp in it. That probably explains why the "Flamin' Hans" is producing...
something about that hot pink/cerise stripe...

A nice day on the water today for all...

:)

quote:I just cleaned the fish( male) and its belly was stuffed with tiny shrimp

krill_l.jpg

Euphausia pacifica, one of 5 major BC krill species. (I love google)

If you're running four lines why not try a little red skirt on one. Many of us have caught springs while dragging pink stuff for humpies and sockeyes (just not in April). You could be a pioneer, Brisco. Congrats on the fish.

We hit one 16lb fish (marbled) around 9:00 on bait, it was full of krill with a couple shiny 4" herring.
only hit the one fish.

postpic.jpg

14 lb. white and 9 lb. red intercepted by Vancouver dirtballs;)...both on glo Army truck spoon with green flasher at 60 ft., I guess running out of anchovies was a good thing. I know the rope looks goofy, but it makes it easier to hang onto when washing the slime off over the gunwale.[^]

southbowen004.jpg

Johnny Canuck flying off South Bowen...

southbowen023.jpg

hhhhmmmmm, dungies...Second Beach beauties

Nice images.

Looks like South Bowen in the background where you fishing????? [8D]

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

quote:Originally posted by Northof49

postpic.jpg

14 lb. white and 9 lb. red intercepted by Vancouver dirtballs;)...both on glo Army truck spoon with green flasher at 60 ft., I guess running out of anchovies was a good thing. I know the rope looks goofy, but it makes it easier to hang onto when washing the slime off over the gunwale.[^]

southbowen004.jpg

Johnny Canuck flying off South Bowen...

southbowen023.jpg

hhhhmmmmm, dungies...Second Beach beauties

YEP..us Vancouver DIRTBALLS :D are indeed enjoying some great fishing this year. Had an associate at work tell me he was out on a charter this past weekend with visiting friends and they bagged 3 fish off South Bowen in just 5 hours from dock to dock. A double header of 14 pounders and a 15 lber. They dropped prawn traps and they just had 20 mediums. They picked up 15 nice Dungies too!

:)

Sad I'm at work alllll loooooooooooooonng week. :(:(

Too bad F.M. I'm busting my butt working extra hours so I can go Thursday.My wife actualy wants to go again[:0], I guess there's a difference between trolling for 8 hrs with no fish. Can someone tell me or post a photo of a Flamin Hans ? I went to Nikka today and they never heard of it. On Sunday 1/2 the boats were catching with it.

Back