Vancouver Chuck

it seems some people OTHER than the man who caught it himself are more concerned over the number than the experience and story

congrats man what a beauty!!!

AND now................ anybody got any other updates? lets move on...

Nice fish. Congrats. Not many places in the world with 2.9M people where you can take a 30lb fish in sight of downtown!!! Great job and you've got the right to say "Tyee".....

Pescador

Well said Pescador. Surprisingly (and fortunately for us), very few of the 2.9 million know it can be done. Whenever I mention to someone that I can catch dinner within 15 minutes of walking out the front door they just assume that I am talking about Granville Island ... we are very, very fortunate.

I couldn't agree more. Fished last Saturday night then watched the fireworks from a distance. Wanted to get the lines in the water last night as we were waiting for the fireworks in English Bay but the wife was too slow getting to the boat, so not enough time. This time we were right up by the barge.

A bit wild after the fireworks ended when boats started taking off in all directions in the dark. I was amazed at the number of boats with very poor or non-exitent lights. [?]:(
Back to fishing, any reports.

Eastpoint

nice fish there.thanks for the pic. I,m in the czech republic playing fastball for great britain and am going thru fishin withdrawal. this place has hot women ,cheap beer but no salmon. be back on monday. dont really miss my lady but sure miss my grady

quote:Originally posted by morganic

dont really miss my lady but sure miss my grady

Ha ha....you've had the boat a couple of months and you already have the "Grady Lingo" down!! [:p] :D [8D]

Drop me a line when you get back....and good luck in the tourney!! I was in Czech/Prague in the early 90's and loved it there.

nice fish there.thanks for the pic. I,m in the czech republic playing fastball for great britain and am going thru fishin withdrawal. this place has hot women ,cheap beer but no salmon. be back on monday. dont really miss my lady but sure miss my grady
Forgot about that. Heading over to Saltspring tomorrow and finally over to the big island. Boat will be there rest of the summer. Let me konw when you're back and coming out.

Drag'n'Fly
22' Blue & White Starcraft Islander

Hi all. New to the forum and wanted to share a report from Vancouver today. My Dad's visiting and wanted to do some fishing so we headed down and joined a dozen boats fishing the West Van shoreline. Caught a Coho and a Spring just before the morning high and saw maybe a dozen being caught. Both of ours were on G/G spoon at 40ft in 75 & 95 feet of water. Cleaned them both on the boat so not sure of the size exactly, but they were 6lbs and 26lbs when we weighed them at home. My Dad's pretty happy and wants to go back tomorrow! Cheers.

Heading the south arm tomorrow am hoping to find some quality peaheads!! I have not heard any reports on the area other than "should be soon". The tide will be rising at first so will probably head toward t-10 and troll back toward south arm. Any reports?? Probably will be fishing spoons as the dogfish have haunted me there before even at a faster troll!Call me up- Red Tide cheers, Jimbo

Fished last night from 4 to 8. 3 fish. 1 undersized spring that was released and 2 coho. All along the west van shoreline between the pink appartment and the cap light between 75 ft and the surface. White hootchies and a wonderbread spoons.

I'm taking two guys from my car club that never been out before. The'll puke for sure.

Went out and fished t-10- sandheads, sorry went out and got tossed around by that northwesterly and burned a bunch of fuel. Fished five hours and didn't get a bite. We marked some huge schools of fish but no biters. Heard of one spring picked up on anchovy. Thats it! Boy the last few trips have been hard on the ego[:I].

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

I'm taking two guys from my car club that never been out before. The'll puke for sure.
Where did you take em Brisco? My buddy was near pukin off sandheads this morning, looked a little green for a while until the wind and tide levelled off.[8D]

Friday was pretty good for me. I've been going out for the afternoon/evening fish along the west van shore. I was just about to pack up and so I headed into 40' of water to see if I could pick up a late coho and was shocked when I hooked into a 26lb spring. I love adrenaline!
I'd like to try sandheads but my back doesn't need any more abuse.

july30fish009.jpg
[/img]
july30fish012.jpg
[/img]

quote:Originally posted by Jimbo

Went out and fished t-10- sandheads, sorry went out and got tossed around by that northwesterly and burned a bunch of fuel. Fished five hours and didn't get a bite. We marked some huge schools of fish but no biters. Heard of one spring picked up on anchovy. Thats it! Boy the last few trips have been hard on the ego[:I].

We are going out today, I'll let you know what happens. I'm going to stick around West Van with the newbies. lol

My newbies did really well today and we got a 6 and 7 lb coho's.
West Van at pink apartment on chovy.

009-7.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

My newbies did really well today and we got a 6 and 7 lb coho's.
West Van at pink apartment on chovy.

009-7.jpg

Nice work Brisco! Way to break in a couple of Newbies. New Boat?

quote:Originally posted by J-GLOBAL

Forgot about that. Heading over to Saltspring tomorrow and finally over to the big island. Boat will be there rest of the summer. Let me konw when you're back and coming out.

Drag'n'Fly
22' Blue & White Starcraft Islander

Send us a Saltspring Report? I want to bring my girl over for some fishing. This is where we met.:D

Back