Ultimate Fishing Town - Round Two

The peeping Tom in me has noticed that Nestor has gone to another town in the contest for support when the contest winds down in the final hours. Seelys bay isnt buying it tho as they are not done yet. Here is a quote :

Hi all in Seely's Bay. I too am from Nestor Falls and can attest that this has been the best experience for our community and region that I have ever seen. Kudos to all of you for keeping the spirit in the competition. If when the final days are wearing down and numbers compel you to do so, we hope that your town would possibly decide on keeping this title in Ontario. We would appreciate any support, and would be proud to represent this small town spirit for all of us.
2 hours agoSupport Seeley's Bay Ontario

Hi xxx. We recognize your name from the news as the leader of the Nestor Falls bid, and offer you our congratulations on what appears to have been a very well executed campaign strategy. Interesting proposal, but we aren't wearing down yet :)

So there you have it folks! Looks like they want Seelys to bail and join Nestors cause to make this a win for Ontario. Happy to hear that Seely's isnt biting...so far

Could be a Disaster IF they do bite! [xx(]

Git 'Er Done Folks! [}:)]

We're counting on YOU</u> to bring this one Home to BC!! ;)

Cheers,
Nog - Off To The Briney...

quote:Originally posted by fisherman14

The peeping Tom in me has noticed that Nestor has gone to another town in the contest for support when the contest winds down in the final hours. Seelys bay isnt buying it tho as they are not done yet. Here is a quote :

Hi all in Seely's Bay. I too am from Nestor Falls and can attest that this has been the best experience for our community and region that I have ever seen. Kudos to all of you for keeping the spirit in the competition. If when the final days are wearing down and numbers compel you to do so, we hope that your town would possibly decide on keeping this title in Ontario. We would appreciate any support, and would be proud to represent this small town spirit for all of us.
2 hours agoSupport Seeley's Bay Ontario

Hi xxx. We recognize your name from the news as the leader of the Nestor Falls bid, and offer you our congratulations on what appears to have been a very well executed campaign strategy. Interesting proposal, but we aren't wearing down yet :)

So there you have it folks! Looks like they want Seelys to bail and join Nestors cause to make this a win for Ontario. Happy to hear that Seely's isnt biting...so far

Been nice if we could get Dauphin to help us....looks like they are guaranteed third place.

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

quote:Originally posted by yo mama

Man if you guys put this kind of effort into your local politicians, you could probably raise a hell of a lot more then 25K for local fishing enhancement....[:0]

Actually their is alot of talk of increasing this donation once the money is in hand. A big party of sorts to increse the coffers to our mom and pop orgs and volunteer organizatons that are currently very under funded. Get voting people. Time to win this git r done derby!

Wow! at 1:57 am on Monday night Port Alberni 185,521 votes Nestor 178,843 votes = 6,678 votes ahead before 2 am ROCK ON B.C.! Lets double that. Set a new goal...Cant trust those ontarioans. I wanna see 200,000 tomorrow! Hope noggin is getting some much needed sleep vibrating on his boat LOL! Cheers Noggin...This ones for you and your git r done crew!

For the first time in quite a while we have maintained an app. 4,000 vote lead by morning. Which leads me to think that Nestor Falls have either changed there strategy so there main push is closer to the deadline or we are actually kicken there asses.I feel we should be very guarded over the next two days and keep gathering as much support as we can muster and bring this one home. Let's get on it.;) eman

we're 6,118 ahead right now. Not sure how that happened..but I hope this trend continues. Keep it going!

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

The Deadline is Thursday September 30 2:00 PM Pacific Time</u>.

If you can, please get your vote in before 2 PM today (and 2 AM later tonight). By voting before 2:00 PM, you will maximize your number of votes before the deadline. If you wait until after 2:00 pm today, you will not be able to vote in the last 12 hours before the deadline. This is important because each 12 hours of voting is worth 10,000+ votes.

Nestors is still within striking distance. We need to finish strong. Keep voting and try to get a few more voters for the final push.

As of 1:45 pm today (tuesday) Port Alberni 196,787 Nestor 189,599 = 7,188 ahead for Port Alberni. Keep at it again tonight. Make sure they are clean legitimate votes! Mickey mouse.com no user will not do! Must be registered to a human. In the homestretch to bring it home. lets keep getting r done! If all votes are all clean and legit, WFN will have no other conclusion than to award this title to our ultimate fishing town, but we need more votes. Cant trust the east doesnt have something up their sleeve. One big push from Ontario or even Toronto and were going to fall behind. Dont get too comfortable. We want to blow the competition away! Never know what will happen. Also if you didnt get your vote in before 2, thats ok, better in than not.

It is about midnite of the morning of September 29 and the vote is approximately PA 207,500 and Nestors 198,500, a difference of about 9,000. There have been about 24,000 votes cast for PA in the last 24 hours.

We have made some progress for the first time in about a week, but we cannot afford to be complacent. We still need to keep on pushing the votes. Remember that Nestors will make up ground over night and during the early morning voting (before 9 am Pacific). PA's strength has been from 10 to 2 each day and evening. But if we slack off there is a danger that Nestors will pass us. Every 12 hours is equal to about 12,000 votes. If we are late with our voting over the next 38 hours, we run the risk of losing the last round of voting, up to 12,000 votes, at the 2 PM deadline of September 30.

Expect that Nestors will make a big push at the end to try and pass us. Keep an eye on the vote in the last 24 hours. Each of us may need to scrounge for some new last minute voters to put us over the top.

We are 10,000 votes up at this time. Seems like we have kicked it up a few notches for sure. I don't know whats going on back at Nestor Falls but I'm still inclined to remain cautious and keep pumping in those votes and gathering support from friends and family as well. Lets bring this one home gang.;) eman

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

We are 10,000 votes up at this time. Seems like we have kicked it up a few notches for sure. I don't know whats going on back at Nestor Falls but I'm still inclined to remain cautious and keep pumping in those votes and gathering support from friends and family as well. Lets bring this one home gang.;) eman

They're all looking into real estate in Port Alberni so they CAN live in Canada's Ultimate Fishing town. :D :D [:p] [:eek:)]

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

This morning, Nestors gained back about 3,000 votes but now is PA's biggest bulk of voters. As at 11:00 am, PA 217,000 and Nestors 207,000, a 10,000 difference

The Deadline is Thursday September 30 2:00 PM</u> Pacific Time.

If you can, please get your vote in before 2 PM today (and 2 AM later tonight). By voting before 2:00 PM, you will maximize your number of votes per email address before the deadline. If you wait until after 2:00 pm today, you will not be able to vote in the last 12 hours before the deadline. This is important because each 12 hours of voting is worth 12,000+ votes. (Of course, if your voting cycle is after 2pm, keep voting because every vote counts.)

Nestors is still within striking distance and will push hard in the last 24 hours. We need to finish strong.

Nestor Falls is putting a huge push on to beat us to the finish line. We need as many new legitimate emails going in now, tonight and tomorrow till 2pm the contest close. Please send a message to all your contacts to vote ASAP as our competition in Ontario is putting the big push on. Please read this and get every one you know to VOTE for Port Alberni NOW! Cant have Ontario beating us at the finish line.

http://fftimes.com/node/237084

http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2778578

http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote

It is 2 PM September 29 and the vote is PA 220,500 and Nestor 209,500, a difference of 11,000. There is 24 hours left and each of us can still vote up to 2 times before tomorrows deadline: Thursday, September 30, 2:00 PM PACIFIC</u>.

Do not let up. Nestor Falls is appealing to all of Ontario to back them: http://fftimes.com/node/237084. So there is going to be a big push by Nestor Falls.

We will win if:

1. Each of us votes the existing legitimate email addresses two more times over the next 24 hours before 2 PM tomorrow; AND

2. Each of us goes out and gets a couple of new legitimate</u> voters to vote. (I estimate that there is about 10,000 of us. If each of us gets 2 new voters, that will be another 20,000 votes. (It will be much easier if each of us contributes instead of relying on a handful of volunteers. )

Keep an eye on the vote in the last 6 hours. That is going to be critical. We may need to scramble for some last minute legitimate votes. It is going to be an exciting finish.

Back