Ultimate Fishing Town - Round Two

yes,all promotional links and emails were worded to vote for Nestor Falls, regardless of the town you had selected.

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Sooo pissed right now. Chek is going to do a follow up tomorrow and look into the matters. In the mean time, it is really time to get everyone in this province and communities voting for us. I talked to the WFN people on the phone and got them in simple english to clarify the voting. Can we proxy votes. Yes. I asked them to change the language in the confirmation as it is confusing to some. The confirmation that comes back says if you suspect someone is using your email and you want to unsubscribe from recieving any farther emails click here. Some think if you click here it just doesnt bog you down with farther emails and the vote still counts. It doesnt! I said so a community can get emails from wherever and it is legal in this contest? Yes. As long as it is a legitimate email address. So i said okkaaayy? So our competition can gather as many absentee emails and vote? Alrighty then. I told them about the confirmations coming back from Annapolis Royal and asked WTH is that? They had no idea. What about thankyou for voting for Sask? Nestor? No idea but they can check to see where it is coming from and will fix. Argued about a bunch of stuff. Bottom line is we are at war now with some funny fish, and every community, fishing org, hunting org needs to start slamming those votes in for Port Alberni and shove the east up the you know whats.

So let me get this straight I can create 50 email address for myself and then vote 50 times? They would be real email address and none would bounce.

GLG

yeppers

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

GAME ON!

[}:)]

BTW Regarding Java Script, this issue was investigated, and the page refreshes, but no votes are counted. (Java script by passes the captcha)

UP DATE Just recieved earlier from WFN...I am sooo frustrated with them chaqnging daily! Be prepared to have votes removed and a smaller number. They are removing any and all illegitimate votes, THAT which WE have no control over. Lets win this for Matt

Dear Top 10 Towns,

As you are aware, we have experienced some technical difficulties concerning WFN’s Ultimate Fishing Town voting system. After reviewing the issues and the votes received to date, we are happy to let you know that the contest security and votes have not been compromised. Any concerns expressed that an external programmer disrupted the website are untrue. Technical issues you and your supporters may have encountered were due to an internal program that we have isolated and are rectifying.

In order to fix the issues and ensure fair contest practice, we would like to inform you of two important things:

The voting page will go live Friday, September 24th at Noon ET / 9am PT.
The contest will be extended to September 30th at 4:59pm ET / 1:59pm PT.

We would like to remind you that a thorough review of all votes received to date is being conducted so you may notice a change in the vote counts when voting resumes on September 24th.

WFN would personally like to thank all the communities who have put forth such a tremendous effort supporting their town. It only reinforces the reason why WFN chose to conduct this contest; to showcase the incredible fishing communities across Canada. Your passion and love for fishing has proven that fishing is not just a pastime in Canada, but a way of life. We truly look forward to rewarding a town with a $25,000 community donation, including secondary prizes consisting of additional monetary donations. Let’s continue to work together as a team, and support all fishing towns across Canada, bringing the spirit of fishing in your town to the final days of this contest.

Please share this information with your fellow supporters and get ready for the voting to resume September 24th at noon ET.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.

Yours In Fishing,

Shauna Gosevitz | Sr. Director, Marketing

an internal error, benefiting a certain Ontario town?

bug.gif

An update from our competition. Looks to be they are looking at a photo finish. Amazing this contest is still going on and the other communities still have no idea what was happening in the west. Several and i mean SEVERAL Port Alberni calls came in saying that their vote confirmation read Nestor falls! That and the Royal annapolis confirmations as well as to the Sask town! The people that caught things were saying that when they went to vote it popped up Nestor falls and tried again...Nestor falls. Weiirrdd. At least the WFN is aware we are watching things alot closer now. Link to our competion. Wave to them and say hi if they are reading this. http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2770427

So I sent off a message to WFN a\gain as they have once again changed the goal posts and the v oting will resume at 9am tomorrow (friday) They are removing all the votes from 9am on the day they pulled the site down. Here is what I said to them. which will be too late for a response and a stop of the voting time. So once again we3 get screwed out of votes. Insanity!

Well theres is only one problem with your voting startup time again. You need to block all votes within the 12 hour window of 9 AM PST on 9/22/10. So that way, when it starts back up again at 9 AM tomorrow, the east can't have an advantage since it would start off as where it left off yesterday. Ontario is 3 hrs ahead of us. Essentially all our new votes for the 12 hr period will be knocked off, and the Eastern votes will remain. The east will have kept most of their prime time votes in the am of voting in the 12 hr period where the west wont! Are you guys understanding this?

Voting has started up again. It looks like Nestor Falls took a pretty good hit in bad votes, as were up by 2500 votes. Let's get on it and kick some Ontario butt.;) eman

So much easier now. Yes if you want to see the score you have to refresh the page. Dont bother till you are done. Gotta get all our votes in by 2:59 to max out our votes left in the contest. The team is going through their votes more quickly now and are getting tapped out for votes soon. We need more people voting to stay ahead of them. The competition probably have one big proxy list to keep tapping in all day long. They have to to have theirs in by 4:59 to max out so they will be pumping away. BTW Royal Annapolis is in Nova Scotia.

looks like they are gaining pretty fast

We are going to have to start asking your friends and family members for email addresses that we can submit. As long as there ligit, it's not a problem. To bad we didn't no that from the start. We should win this.;) eman

Back