Ultimate Fishing Town - Round Two

Ths is the message sent to alot of our contacts in Port Alberni and our provincial govt.

http://fftimes.com/node/237084 http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2778578

Please read these news articles from Ontario. Our competition is Nestor Falls Ontario. They are appealing to their Province for support in this contest and brought it up in their legislature. We need everyone voting tonight before bed, and then again in the morning 12 hrs later for Port Alberni. If you have been voting already please keep it up. 2 more votes only to go. 2pm Thursday is the end of the contest. Please help us with this cause. We need this exposure, $25,000 for our fish enhancement projects plus half hr promo for our town. We have suffered so much with the economic meltdown in our forestry industry. We ARE the ultimate fishing province as well as the Ultimate fishing town. Please help. Please vote here tonight and tomorrow morning. See link below.

Sincerely Carolyn Jasken
Shauna Jasken
Matt Stabler

http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote/

Please forward to all your contacts to vote for Port Alberni :)

This is the last midnight report before the final 14 hours of the voting. As at midnight, Port Alberni is at 232,180 and Nestor Falls is at 218,000, a difference of 14,180.

To anybody that can still vote their second to last vote in the next two hours, we all thank you for putting in the late hours. Every bit helps.

After 2 AM, there will be exactly 12 hours left and only one last chance to vote. Vote as soon as you can because if there is a big rush in the last day, the server could crash again. THE FINAL DEADLINE IS 2:00 PM PACIFIC THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 30. If all of us vote, my current projection for Port Alberni is about 245,000 votes at the end.

Keep an eye on the tally as we approach 2 pm. If the competition can rally some other towns (eg by radio or tv), there is still a chance for them to catch us.

Be prepared in case we need to scramble for some last minute new legitimate votes to put us over the top.

Done at 1:55

PORT ALBERNI 233,767

NESTOR FALLS 219,524

Grand Total ahead = 14,243 Yep keep it classy and dont post on any of their forums. Dont wake the beasts! 15,276 votes got put in between 10:08 and 1:55. Amazing!

Here is a chilling thought, why were we only able to run neck and neck for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden we jump 10000 votes?
If you flooded a site with fake emails and made it look like PA was far ahead, would some people not become complacent about voting?
Then when the final is tallied the fakes would be discounted.

Make sure to get you final votes in legit.

I'm not sure what the $%^ is going on. Isn't it a vote. Whats with all this "fake" e-mail stuff. I think One vote per person. The rest is crap. MInd you I guess an obsessed dude repeatedly voting 24-7 would demonstrate his passion and there fore winning the honours of best fishing town. Hmmm, I don't know.

I put my vote in guys. Good luck to you.

I have 4 legitimate e-mail addresses and I vote with each of them every 12 hours.

Given they had to shut things down a week or so ago, I don't think it's doing anybody any good using "fake e-mails". If you want to open up 100 hotmail accounts..well then go ahead, but make sure your "vote confirmation" e-mail is going to a "valid" e-mail.
;)

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

I only voted legitimate emails for me and my family (parents, wife and kids), six altogether. WFN has already made it clear that they will check that the validity of the votes. I want to see a fair and square win.

What I could see 4 or 5 days ago was that PA always had a good base of voters but many of our voters did not understand the importance of voting strategically. We had the numbers to build up a 5,000 lead during the day, but most of us could not be bothered to vote in the middle of the night. Because of Nestor Falls' "volunteers" voting throughout the night, they would always catch up in the morning. That is why I encouraged everybody out there to adjust their voting to allow them to vote 2 times per day and to keep the 2 PM deadline in sight. Same number of voters as before, but double the votes.

Carolyn jasken is sending a message through me that we are doing awesome and this ones for YOU NOGGIN! She will talk to you on friday. WFN sent her an email this am looking for a contact # and some pleasentries were exchanged. Doing a great job POrt Alberni! Getting lots of calls, Bob Cole called from the U.S. and he believes, CBC believes, the Island believes, and PORT ALBERNI is believin! Keep it up Port Alberni, we are 17,000 ahead!

Man, have I done my part, Matt, I expect help at Cleusi Haven the next time I try mooring the boat if "Seawolf, "the original" is not with me..............

SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

quote:Originally posted by holmes

i hope that azztario hasnt put in a whole bunch of dud emails on our behalf.[:eek:)]...holmes*

I was thinkin the exact same thing [?]

Congratulations Port Alberni and all of the dedicated supporters. Final votes were 248,000 Port Alberni, 230,000 Nestor Falls,app. I'm sure there will be some clawback on those numbers for both towns. But it leaves no doubt as to where the Ultimate Fishing Town is as well as the Ultimate Fishing Men and Women. Well done everyone.:D;) eman

Show some class. This is the internet. Anybody can copy and paste your comments. Once the count is official, Port Alberni has an opportunity to distinguish itself from other fishing towns.(No longer the confusion as to which town is the true "salmon capital of the world"; Port Alberni can bill itself as the official "Ultimate Fishing Town"). There is supposed to be a 30 minute show dedicated to the winner. All eyes will be on you. So try and show some good sportsmanship.

I dunno... If the WFN camera was pointed at you right now, would still make the rhyming taunts? I'm just glad that Nestors didn't use some of the earlier comments to fuel up the rest of Ontario. Also, I would have thought that Port Alberni would want fisherman from ***tario to come and visit the "Ultimate Fishing Town".

Okay, I'll take a step back. It is hard to distinguish good-natured fun from apparent jerk attitudes on the internet. If we met in person, maybe we would get along, or maybe not. I was born in Port Alberni, but my family moved away 40 years ago. Like the rest of BC, I threw my support behind PA (note that there was almost no voting for Chilliwack). If the win becomes official, I think that it will really add to the goodwill and reputation of Port Alberni. This is the chance to be the official undisputed "Ultimate Fishing Town" and no longer the confusing third "salmon capital of the world". But any goodwill and reputation can easily be frittered away, if PA is perceived to be ungracious or unsportsmanlike. Just saying keep that in mind when you post on the internet.

Back