This weekend

Jeffzee

Good afternoon everyone, TGIF!

Im a newbie to Salmon fishing, im hoping to get out in the Vancouver area either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday. Most likely launch at Vanier, where would you guys recomend i target that isnt too far of a trip. I have a 16ft Double Eagle, so not a very big boat, dont want to head to far out in the straight. I have a pretty good selection of spoons and and flashers, most with some form of glow, so i am thinking i am set there. What kind of depths should i hit, run the bottom?

Sorry for all the questions! I really appreciate the help!

just by reading current posts you ll
be up on whats happening. most
are quite willing to share there re
experiences and knowledge....
the vancouver harbor is doing
allright if you want to stick close
to shore but downriggers are a must
to boost you re chances.

Ya just get out in the harbour and wet some gear. More time your hooks are in the water the better your odds. Watch for other regulars and you'll see where they are fishing and directions to troll.
Experiment with spoons, hootchies and anchovies.
If you see someone catch a fish ask how deep they caught it and adjust accordingly.

I'd stay close and get comfortable. Mile Markers to past QA along Spanish Banks/UBC. 75-130ft on the rigger

No need to drag bottom this time of year but keeping searching for the bait. Drop just before the 1st marker and meander in and out on a search pattern to 1/2km past the QA and repeat

If you're short on electronics, pay the $10-20 for the navionics app, it's invaluable information.
And don't forget your crab traps, very little effort for a few Dungeness crab, pm me if you want a good spot

Back