Info request on double eagle

Brand new 115 mercury CT June 2022 cost me around $19k dealer installed that’s all taxes, controls rigging hydro steering ect as with most of these older boats you really have to be cautious and look over the hull good for transom/stringer and floor rot most of them are rotten from the 70s/80s/90s unless they’ve been redone if you love the boat and plan on keeping it a long time a re power is worth it but if you have to end up doing the stringers/transom it can get expensive fast and often isn’t worth the cost for most people. Just my opinion.

Yes, you will be around 20K to repower new. I repowered with Yamaha 115 because a good deal came up. I think a 90 would have been fine. I actually like the way the boat sat and handled with the 2 stroke 90 than I do with the new 115 4 stroke. But I don't miss the 2 stroke smoke.

if you can find a 19' Zeta i would say worth a check out almost a 21' as i think they take a water line measure

if thats Gibsons take it with a pinch of salt many boats our over size for the slip there in

I have a couple of boats on my radar, a mid 90’s 17’ DE and a 80’s hourston same size. Are modern DE built the same as older hulls? I seem to recall that 90’s and newer boats have thinner fiberglass hulls, is that right?

I found the right boat, i just purchased a 1982 DE 17. It was fully redone few years back, new stringers, floors and transom. the previous owner did the work and kept a great diary. He spent a great deal of time to remove the waterlogged foam, replace rotten wood and reinforce the whole boat. The outboard is original, a 2 stroke evinrude 90 that drinks like a sailor.IMG_5876.JPG
IMG_6044.JPG
IMG_6049.JPG
IMG_5993.JPG
IMG_1675.JPG

Back